Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Shylocke's Juiced Up Master Yi Jungle Guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shylocke

11-25-2010

So, I've seen a lot of Yi builds that are just not as good as mine. Granted, theres many many many people with a higher Elo than mine (mine is only in the high 1300s currently) so this build can be used by anyone who feels they need help while jungling yi, and knowing what items to get.

So lets get started...

PREGAME: Well, here's where you want to get your runes and masteries set before jumping into queue.

My masteries go 20/0/10- making sure i get improved smite and all the armor pen/crit chance/crit dmg masteries in offense. 10 in utility for improved ghost, extra experience, and all 2 points for having increased duration (30% extra) on your neutral creep buffs-THIS IS KEY.

For runes, I obviously use tier 3 runes, going with attack speed marks, flat armor seals, attack speed glyphs, and flat armor pen. quints.

-This mastery/rune build is kind of risky because it doesn't give me much survivability, so if you're a panzee, feel free to build in defense and go w/ flat health quints instead of the armor pen ;p

For summoner spells, you always want smite. The 2nd spell can be your preference, ghost/flash/exhaust/ignite can all be good. Ghost makes you a better chaser and gives you a monster escape tool as well (ghost/highlander-gl trying to catch this guy...) Flash is mainly for escape, or just to flash into range for your alpha strike, or to avoid that one tower hit after you do a massive tower dive. Exhaust and ignite are the best for ganking tho, having a slow or that extra nuke at the end is what can guarantee a kill while ganking. USE YOUR BEST JUDGEMENT, based on the opposing team if you know who you're playing while in draft mode. I tend to go ghost/smite

Alright, so now that pregame is done, jump into queue, lock in yi, and here we go...ready to juice some noobs...

ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, start with cloth armor and 5x health pots. I know this may seem obvious to most of you, but sometimes ppl think you should start with lifesteal or a long sword, dorans blade...no...just no. cloth armor all the way baby.

For your first spell, I'd normally go with wuju style, since you're going to be going for a buff first. IF, you see the other team ward your blue or red, or you know they are lurking around to ruin your jungling experience, take alpha strike first and head for the wraiths first.-I'll get into more detail on routes...

When jungling, most ranked games will have opponents that are gonna try their best to screw you over in jungling, usually by trying to gank/ward your blue buff first. To avoid this, have your solo mid and bot lane cover the brush and river entrance into your blue buff. Just ask them politely to defend you at blue,and they'll obey..most of the time ;p

OK, so now that you're standing next to blue, knowing no one is around to gank, await the spawn. Blue and Red spawn at 1:50, sometimes a few seconds after that. Once it spawns, Immediately attack it, activate wuju style, pop a health pot, then smite it once it reachs about 600-580 health. You usually want to last hit neutral buffs/dragon/baron with smite to avoid having the opposing team steal it.

A useful tip for taking buffs, once you attack blue or red, have your character run into the brush right next to it, but make sure agro is still on you, so that you can see if the opposing team/jungler is hiding in it. This can save you from getting your buff stolen or just getting roflstomped.

Once you kill blue, pick meditate, use it to heal, and proceed on killing the 3wolf camp. ALWAYS use meditate in between camps while you have blue buff-take advantage of buffs

After killing wolves, start killing the wraiths, while here you should be able to get a lvl up for alpha strike, open up with alpha strike on neutral creeps all the time, hopefully you get lucky and blow them up,saving you a lot of time and health! (*note- you may have to chug a health pot while killing the wraiths if you dont get lucky w/ alpha strike-which will be most of the time)

Ok, now you're lvl 3, with all 3 spells intact, meditate, pop a health pot so you're nearly at full health to take out red buff. Start attacking that lizard, pop a health pot, activate wuju (but remember, before all that open up w/ alpha strike) and start pwning that thing, smite it at the end (around 600-700 health). Now you have double buffs.

With red, yi can be a ganking monster, opening up with alpha strike and then insta-slow from red. Usually you can gank top because they'll be pushed up like crazy since its a 2v1. If they have a jungler, it'll be a 1v1 top, because typically you want 2 ppl bot to always be near dragon. USE YOUR BEST JUDGEMENT. you can gank any of the 3 lanes, just depends on how far pushed back you team is in that lane, how much health the player you want to gank has, make sure you can even kill them in the first place!

Just ping for you team mates that you're going to gank, so they can get some harass in and get ready to pounce. Whereever you gank, open up w/ alpha strike and activate wuju and just start tearing them up.

After ganking, you can have enough gold to blue pill home and buy your razors(700g wen u already own the cloth armor). if you decide not to gank, finish up your side of the jungle by killing the 2 golems near lizard. If the other team has no jungler, feel free to use it! Junglers thrive when they get it all to themselvs, especially fast ones like yi. Don't attempt to kill any buffs before you get your razors tho, just go for the small stuff like wolves and wraiths...

HOWEVER, if you play ranked, there will USUALLY be an opposing jungler. Be weary about using their jungle, in fact, unless you see them on your minimap and know its safe, DONT go in their jungle at all.

After blue pilling back, purachase your razors and maybe a couple health pots. If there's another jungler, get a ward instead of the health pots to ward dragon.

Once yi has his razors, it really doesn't matter what you try to take on, kill all the buffs you need, gank often, when you get to 6, get dragon, have bottom lane defend you as you do this, if your team gives you an alert that enemies are headed your way, stop what you're doing and gtfo of there.

Not much more to jungling with yi than that, sorry if I wasted your time reading these simplistic jungling tips but it was really intended for people that wanted help with jungling yi.

NOW, WHAT MAKES YI ALL JUICED UP...

after razors, i buy boots of mobility and a vamp scepter.

next time i head back, i work on youmuu's ghostblade.

next, start building a phantom dancer, buying getting zeal first, then your cloak of agility.

Next, rush your bloodthirster. If you're getting fed and having a great farm, then u can purchase your b.f sword easily. If your not getting gold quite fast enough, sell the madreds razors now (you can sell it for 700g-you payed 1k for it..This is actually a great refund) and pick up that b.f sword. With the blood thirster, farm that baby up and you'll find yourself critting for a nice lump sum.

Next, I like to demoralize my opponents by getting infinity edge (rushing the b.f sword first). You'll be critting mega hard, don't be surprised wen the opposite team accuses you for being on roids, cuz you basically are. Tell them to just accept it. If you still have the madreds razors from before, sell it at this point in creating your i-edge...i normally would just sell it to get my b.f sword a.s.a.p.

If the other team is heavy on armor, I'll get the last whisper before my i-edge, otherwise just get it last. Another exception in getting last whisper before i-edge is if you've dedicated yourself to pushing towers fast as hell.

Last whisper can be exchanged with starks fervor if you really want more lifesteal for some survivability in fights, last item is really your preference.

Other options for survivability are GA and banshees, you really don't need more damage at this point, it'd just be over kill, just chug down christmas elixers (red and green) while in between items for extra umph.

I like last whisper for that awesome armor pen-NOTHING WILL STOP YOU, YOU'RE ON JUICE.

Item summary: Boots of mobility, Youmuu's, Blood thirster, Phantom dancer, I-Edge, Last whisper/Starks/banshees/GA

have fun.

BOTLANE MOLESTER

Recruiter

11-25-2010

Your highest ever rating is 1443 therefor i do not care what you have to say about jungle yi.

Shylocke

11-25-2010

^gay

BlackSabertooth

11-25-2010

Hey blingblang stfu. at least respect someone who took their time to type this out. Happy thnxgiving

Fwff

11-26-2010

Why wuju style and not alpha strike always at level 1?
You won't hit level 3 until after wraiths I think, so having alpha after wolves is better imo.

Aspd reds instead of arpen reds?

MrEnzyme

11-26-2010

Your jungling is going to be slow if you take meditate @ 2. Fastest is to take wuju style @ 1, kill golem, take alpha strike, then take alpha strike again at 3. Yi can clear the jungle really fast and meditate is ok at 4 to get enough hp to maybe gank. If there arent gank opportunities at 4 i just go to buy. Wriggles and youmuu's for items are pretty good.

Shylocke

06-10-2011

hey btw, now my highest rating was 1545 so off my **** blingblang, u unranked scum.

stedom

06-10-2011

so for anyone who im guessing isnt lv 30, all these guides etc are a waste of time? bec we cant jungle without all those fancy runes and other things you guys have access to correct?

instead i should just read up and take advice.. currently lv 9 or 10

Bulzeeb

06-10-2011

Quote:
stedom:
so for anyone who im guessing isnt lv 30, all these guides etc are a waste of time? bec we cant jungle without all those fancy runes and other things you guys have access to correct?

instead i should just read up and take advice.. currently lv 9 or 10

Pretty much. The problem with low level jungling is two-fold: one is that you won't have the proper runes and masteries to safely and quickly jungle. I'm pretty sure you can still jungle if you start at Wolves -> Wraiths -> Lesser Golems though.

The second problem is that you'll rarely encounter enemy teams with junglers, meaning top lane will have to solo against 2, which frequently results in an early tower loss.

TheAsianPlayboy

06-10-2011

You really hurt yourself by not getting wriggles. I used to try and not buy wriggles and just use razor + vamp, but after much testing. I found it was too strong to give up.