Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Why HA needs a Blind and a Draft queue

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sagey Cakes

07-03-2013

Quote:
Roob Muh Nek:
As an avid Howling Abyss streamer and tournament host, I demand Draft Pick be instilled.

Riot, if you read this, how could you be so short-sighted to put Draft in Dominion (which has 8 billion hour queues) and neglect it in Howling Abyss?

Draft HA seems like the logical progression of the gametype.

Shinry Sunce

07-03-2013

With all those people making ARAM only accounts with select champions, I think a lot of people who used to ADAM and haven't yet would enjoy adding a queue draft option, and maybe even blind for the howling abyss map. It seems pretty easy to do to add a queu and I think the community overall would actually enjoy this option a lot. Riot pls.

RaptorJesus1098

07-03-2013

Draft pls Riot

cocacolalips

07-03-2013

That's silly. Random is what makes the game fun.
Plus it balances itself out; win-win.

You don't want this to turn into a Dominion saga do you?

Pissfer

Recruiter

07-03-2013

Quote:
Roob Muh Nek:
As an avid Howling Abyss streamer and tournament host, I demand Draft Pick be instilled.

Riot, if you read this, how could you be so short-sighted to put Draft in Dominion (which has 8 billion hour queues) and neglect it in Howling Abyss?

What does you being a tournament host have to do with Draft pick being instituted? You can play Draft on Customs, which is where you hold tourneys anyways. That being said, I do think that a draft queue would be good.

However, I do think that a blind lobby would be a ghost town compared to... heck, anything. Possibly even the Dominion Draft queue. At least after the first week. There's just too much of it where I see it not working.

GrosPigeon

07-03-2013

Draft would definitely be a healthier queue.

Elementalos

07-03-2013

ADAM was a really fun and underappreciated game type before HA came out.

+1 for the OP.

Quote:
cocacolalips:
That's silly. Random is what makes the game fun.

OP isn't asking them to remove ARAM....

FDru

07-04-2013

Quote:
Ahlen:
Didn't really work out for Dom.

Dom has the problem of Blind and Draft (essentially the same mode) competing with one another, they even share elo. The fact that they share elo caused huge problems for Draft mode, being the less popular mode, and made queue times ridiculous for most players in it. Eventually this led to most players just abandoning Draft. It's not because Draft wasn't good or wanted, but because the elo system was not loose enough to give players games in a reasonable time when they queued for Draft.

Quote:
CancerMuffin:
Blind pick would be horrible. Every game will have 2 master yis and 2 nidalees, and no one will ever play tanks/bruisers, or any support other than blitzcrank.

Tanks were chosen all the time in ABAMs, and champs like Yi or Nid were not as scary when you could pick Veigar or Fiddle and just kill them all game long.

It's true that you'd have players saying "omg we need a Nid/Blitz" in basically every champ select, but those champs weren't as gamebreaking when the enemy team was a well-put-together comp or had a counter (like Veigar/Morgana).

FDru

07-04-2013

What HA really needs is a "Blind Draft". Essentially, Blind Pick with bans.

1 ban per player, all done simultaneously (like blind champ selection) before the champ select starts. Or hell, even 2 bans per player. And up the minimum owned champs accordingly.

Bions

07-04-2013

Quote:
FDru:
What HA really needs is a "Blind Draft". Essentially, Blind Pick with bans.

1 ban per player, all done simultaneously (like blind champ selection) before the champ select starts. Or hell, even 2 bans per player. And up the minimum owned champs accordingly.

That's a pretty good idea. Well it's a way better idea than having an aram, blind, and a draft queue.