Yorick Rework

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Triocha Se

07-02-2013

FIRST: I wasn't sure which forum to put this in, so I decided this was the best one. If someone wants to move this if it's in the wrong forum, please do so.

GENERAL THINGS: This is my idea for Yorick, being both a fighter and a necromancer in different stances. The idea (for me at least) is that Yorick would contain his main 3 ghouls (his current Q,W,E) in his lantern. While in his "Necromancer" stance, his ghouls would remain by his side unless used in a certain ability (sort of like how Elise's Q sends the spiderlings along with herself). I would like to see Yorick as sort of an AD Caster, since he obviously is AD and his theme supports him being a sort of mage. Also, I have not named the abilities.

VISUAL UPDATES/THEME: While in his figher stance, Yorick's lantern would glow brighter and he would have his shovel in both hands. While in his necromancer stance, he would carry his shovel over his shoulder and his lantern would become dimmer, with his ghouls surrounding him. This would allow players to clearly distinguish the difference between his stances.

>>>Passive:
While Yorick is infused with his Ghouls, he gains 1/3/5/7 health regen per 5 seconds, while his Ghouls are summoned, he gains 1/2/3/4 mana regen per 5 seconds (Both bonuses are lost while in the other stance)

>>>Q:
Fighter Stance: Yorick casts a spellshield on himself, blocking 100/170/240/300/350 (+30% AP) spell damage and negating crowd control effects for up to 4 seconds or until the shield disappears.
Cooldown: 28/26/24/22/20
Mana Cost: High
---------
Necromancer Stance: Yorick sends the Omen of Pestilence in a charge forward (skillshot) that snares all enemies it hits for .8/1/1.2/1.4/1.6 seconds. --
Cooldown: 22/20/18/16/14
Mana Cost: Mid-High

>>>W:
Fighter Stance: Yorick's next basic attack will deal an extra 60/70/80/90/100% of his AD
Cooldown: 7/6/5/4/3
Mana Cost: Low
---------
Necromancer Stance: Yorick summons the Omen of War in an AoE area that brings with it more spirits from the underwold, the Omen of War and these spirits would do a base 5/10/15/20/25 physical damage per second, along with 1.6/1.8/2.0/2.2/2.4% (+1% per 80 AD) percent of the targets max health in Physical damage per second. (Capped for monsters) Area of effect lasts for 3 seconds.
Cooldown: 22/19/17/15/13
Mana Cost: Mid-High
(NOTE: This Ability would have a small area of effect, but a large cast radius. Would be sort of synergistic with his Q in necromancer form, but without it it is a good ability to duel with and a decent harassment tool provided you have the mana.)

>>>E:
Fighter Stance: Yorick swings his shovel in a cone in front of him, dealing 50/80/110/140/170 (+60% bonus AD) physical damage.
Cooldown: 14/13/12/11/10
Mana Cost: Mid
---------
Necromancer Stance: Yorick summons the Omen of famine to do 50/65/80/95/110 (+60% bonus AD) damage, Yorick is healed for 50% of the damage (after reduction).
Cooldown: 13
Mana Cost: Mid
(NOTES: I like this ability because it becomes less of a harrassment tool to champions, because they can build armor, and more of a last hitting tool for extra sustain)

>>>R: [Yorick has a point in R at level one]
Fighter Stance: Yorick Switches to Necromancer Stance and gains 5/10/15/20 movement speed.
Cooldown: 6
Mana Cost: No Cost
---------
Necromancer Stance: Yorick Switches to Fighter Stance and gains 5/10/15/20 armor and magic resist.
Cooldown: 6
Mana Cost: No Cost

>>>Pros of this kit: Utility, Sustain, Decent damage, Decent combos, Tankiness, 2 passives that synergise with his Ultimate, good dueling ability, %based health damage, only physical damage (yes this is both a pro and a con)

>>>Cons of this kit: No gap closer, no strong ultimate, decently high cooldowns, no magic damage, lots of mana costs, no spammable abilities (other than his W in Fighter Stance), only 1 form of CC

That ends my suggestion for Yorick's rework. If there are any comments/questions/constructive criticism please leave feel free to post. I believe this kit isn't too complicated (only 6 real abilities) with true weaknesses and true strengths. I believe he would have 2 different skill paths, either maxing W or E depending on his lane opponent. I also believe it would keep in tact with his theme and make him a very viable top laner or even a decent jungler like Elise. Thank you for reading this and have a wonderful day.

Void22

07-02-2013

There is already a post for this. Go to the General Discussion forum and search "Lets Talk about Yorick".
He is getting a massive rework, and Xelnath, the systems designer, has been absolutely fantastic about giving feedback. You should check it out, the current rework kit looks great.

Triocha Se

07-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Void22 View Post
There is already a post for this. Go to the General Discussion forum and search "Lets Talk about Yorick".
He is getting a massive rework, and Xelnath, the systems designer, has been absolutely fantastic about giving feedback. You should check it out, the current rework kit looks great.
Thank you.