Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What is Loss Forgiven?!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MefistofelesX

11-25-2010

Yesterday I played a normal match with Corkin and I lost
But when I checked the match history section in my profile instead of Defeat next to the match with Corki I had Loss Forgiven!
At a previous lost match it still had Defeat but only for that specific one had this.
Can enyone explain me what this means?

Ublik

11-25-2010

Pics or it didnt happen

Nairelev

Recruiter

11-25-2010

Quote:
JesterCapp:
Hi! This means that, during the time that game took place, we forgave all losses due to server issues that were negatively impacting players. This is something we recently started doing to improve the experience of our player base when "bad stuff happens," such as serious lag or whatnot.

You will not be informed in advance as to when we activate this mode, but will see such "forgiven losses" in your record. Hope this helps!

This is the answer we have. Apparently when the server gets all weird,they forgive losses that may have been influenced by their issues.

foosharp

11-25-2010

Afaik, that's what happens when Riot presses "The Button". This happens during server instability, so that players don't receive penalties for their technical issues if they disconnect and receive a leave etc.

montablac

11-25-2010

Quote:
Nairelev:
This is the answer we have. Apparently when the server gets all weird,they forgive losses that may have been influenced by their issues.

server issues wont stop bad players sucking,and in theory it should affect everyone the same

so idk why there doing that

LegendReborn

11-25-2010

Quote:
montablac:
server issues wont stop bad players sucking,and in theory it should affect everyone the same

Have you ever been in a game where everyone was disconnected every 5 seconds? If you haven't then be quiet. Lose forgiveness is a way of saying "the servers were horribly on the fritz and the game shouldn't have even taken place."

MefistofelesX

11-25-2010

Oh yes as i recall yesterday there were some server issues and it had some warnings about the games. So that must be it.... Thnx ppl btw!

Brontobeuf

11-25-2010

"The button" is the key.

Klyern

04-11-2011

Quote:
montablac:

"No", ill take a second of my time to educate you.

Theory and logic are different, logically it doesnt affect people all the same, people who have a higher latency and are further away from the server will suffer more from these issues.

You gotta add logic to your theories lol, someone has to make theories or they don't exist. Logic, like math, exists without anyone having to think about it because its not something that someone formulates. Just because there is no one to perceive it doesn't mean it doesn't exist, thats why i compared logic to math even tou its debate-able, in case you respond saying that is bull****.

When the server is experiencing trouble some people lag others dont, that is why they made loss forgiven, and even if everyone lags it doesnt means everyone will lag at exactly the same moment, or that everyone is used to lag in the same way. Someone who is used to lag will take advantage of it, someone who isnt used to it will just rage and be easy prey.

Its a game, its supposed to go smoothly, so loss forgiven is a perfect way to fix the stains these issues cause to people who have a good record.

Ninjappy

05-19-2011

Quote:
montablac:

I played a game where it didn't matter how much better the other team was than me, because I was the only one out of all 10 of us who did not DC. I ended up finishing the game alone and unopposed by anybody. Do you mean to tell me that was fair and entirely their fault?