Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Is Sivir Worthless?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Swiftstar88

12-15-2009

Quote:
Chorus:
I've been trying a few new things. I'm straying away from using ghost because it takes a point out of Offensive, and currently i'm 15/0/0.

I don't really like the Mana Manipulator -> Soul Shroud. Mana Manipulator doesn't generate a lot of mana for a single person, and I spend most of my time solo in a lane anyways. After that, the upgrade costs a lot. I feel even Chalice is a better upgrade, but I did manage to win the match I used that combo, so i'm not sure. I can see how Sivir is a great support with Starks and mana, but I don't know. I'll play with it some more.

I don't usually use an offenseive build, usually aroun 0-18-1 is what I was at last time. However, while this does amazing for my survival (allowing me to toss in damage/etc runes), I'm not entirely sure it's the best build. It can work, getting Shroud, but I doubt it's the best. In fact, I'm currently back to using an offensive build like you described. Not convinced it's better either, though. Well see with more games under my belt what I come up with.

FuzzeWuzze

Recruiter

12-15-2009

Using the support tree + ghost/cleanse..you wont die.

I cant tell you the number of times an amumu type char gets the drop on me and bandages/ults with like 3 people next to him popping out of the river or what not..
mash cleanse, mash ghost and run...whala your immune to pretty much everything but melee, and no melee can run that fast and swing at the same time...

In group fights, if i find them targetting me first, i will cleanse ghost and run outside of the big clump of people..most will stop attacking me or be stupid enough to chase me around while i throw blades and ult for my team ...they either re focus on someone else or their entire team dies...

My strat may change when/if/how cleanse gets nerfed..but right now i see no reason not to use them together with the summoner cooldown mastery...i rarely ever die and cause a lot of people to waste their ults with much longer cooldowns than my cleanse.

I typically get Chalice -> Attack Speed boots -> Starks -> Frozen Mallet, i replace the Frozen Mallet with a Warmogs if they are focusing on me..its so incredibly easy to max out super fast with Sivir...

Swiftstar88

12-15-2009

Yeah, I think I'm gonna agree that the offensive build is better than the defensive build now that I've tried them both out a lot, but I haven't tried pure utility yet. Probably won't get to it until after they nerf cleanse, though, so oh well.

Diasero

Recruiter

12-15-2009

Actually, Sivir is one of the best heroes in the game currently, if you play her well.

To me, she is most like a leader type hero. Monumental to team fights. You just need to practice map awareness. Alot. As sivir, I can pretty much call all mia's in all lanes. even if they dont call it. I save alot of my allies from ganks with my ult, even turning them around. If I solo, by lvl 6, if the heroes leaves his lane, with promote, they will lose a tower.

What you have to do is learn to aim boomerang blade. Try to hit them coming and going by move with the person. Also, harass with it in such a way that kill creeps.

Learn to turn on/off ricochet. There are times--mostly early game--where saving the mana is more important. Also, try to ricochet in a way that it hits heroes for passive harassment (this is tough, but can be done).

Start off with meki's and 1 hp pot and 1 mana pot. Harass like crazy. They can't stop you from killing creeps or harassing. Early game is more about deniel of gold and exp, then kills. Just dont let them farm early. If you see them try to kill a creep let the blade fry, most people can't react to their own action. You wait til they try to do something, THEN you hit them, so its sort of a trade off. they get the creep kill, they take a hit. Train this response into them.

at 500. go chalice. and laning should be unbearable with you. just go nuts pretty much. dont always push just harass them like crazy, you will passively get creep gold at an insane rate if you time blade and ricochet correctly.

I usually, am able to go chalice > boots > vamp scepter, easily. If all goes well, hell Ill get a Bloodthirster and tank melee champs hit for hit, early-mid game.

Then get starks, and you have enough pushing power that with your map awareness, you should be downing towers whenever someone goes missing. Have teammates distract, you down towers. Guerilla style.

In team fights, your ricochet, attackspd, lifesteal, and spell shield, make it so you can't be ignored, and you will be the center of a fight. have everyone focus fire the opposing team as you take up as much of their attention as possible.

Stand your ground, you'll be amazed how much lifesteal you have with yor attack spd. and dont forget to ward up, since you have gold rolling in.