Weird Lag. FPS and Latency are normal.

1234511 ... 43
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Solidarityx

07-01-2013

Since yesterday night i've been getting abnormal lag in ranked games. When i try to move around back and forth or go for CS, etc, my champion will momentarily "lag out" or so it feels and everything will pause and speed up, almost like i have packet loss, but i don't and my FPS/Latency are perfectly normal. I am using Comcast internet, and my speedtests, etc are all perfectly normal. I have asked a few other people on my friends list and they are experiencing similiar problems. Any help would be appreciated, i can't continue to play ranked with this problem.

Update :

-Seems to typically only happen late at night time, i cant speak for all i work during the day and get home late so I can only really play past 11:45 PM during the week.
-Affecting the majority of Comcast users
-FPS/Ping all perfectly normal, speedtest/pingtest shows no signs of packet loss

Im Joe King

07-02-2013

this has been happening to me as well, really not digging it.

Solidarityx

07-02-2013

bump. would like a riot to post please

Solidarityx

07-02-2013

bump

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

07-02-2013

This is a perfect example of how packet loss manifests itself as well as high uplink buffers on the network. You say you aren't getting any packet loss, how are you measuring that? Also things to look out for are patterns in when it happens. Certain times of day, certain days of the week, other activity in the home on the internet. Things of that nature....

A quick test you can run is this; http://netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu/. While it is best to run the test while having an issue, to get a better understanding of the issue, it may still reveal something now.

Post the results url after it completes.

Solidarityx

07-02-2013

I got my information from that diagnostics website already, I ran it immediately while I was experiencing the problem in game . I have 0% packet loss and nothing was wrong on my end. I ran speed tests that all came back perfectly normal. I can't post results again ATM because I'm at work posting on my cellphone

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

07-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholasidk View Post
I got my information from that diagnostics website already, I ran it immediately while I was experiencing the problem in game . I have 0% packet loss and nothing was wrong on my end. I ran speed tests that all came back perfectly normal. I can't post results again ATM because I'm at work posting on my cellphone
I would be interested in seeing the results URL for that test, if you still have it. You will want to look at the network buffers, a high uplink buffer will manifest as packet loss as well.

=D

Ask Talon

07-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholasidk View Post
Since yesterday night i've been getting abnormal lag in ranked games. When i try to move around back and forth or go for CS, etc, my champion will momentarily "lag out" or so it feels and everything will pause and speed up, almost like i have packet loss, but i don't and my FPS/Latency are perfectly normal. I am using Comcast internet, and my speedtests, etc are all perfectly normal. I have asked a few other people on my friends list and they are experiencing similiar problems. Any help would be appreciated, i can't continue to play ranked with this problem.
I'm having the exact same issue in all my games today.

Solidarityx

07-02-2013

I know 100% that it is not an issue on my end. I asked multiple people on my friends list and they have the same problem as me. Unless it is a problem with Comcast again. Again , I have no packet loss , 65-70 ping and 120+ fps at all times, while this occurs.

Solidarityx

07-02-2013

I am home, i am about to post the URL for my analysis again.

1234511 ... 43