The Bloodthirster and Tryndamere

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Andsvarr

11-25-2010

So, anyone else notice the awesome that is the Bloodthirster and Tryndamere? Seriously folks, once you hit 1.5 attack speed and get the Infinity Edge, I don't see a reason not to stack Bloodthirsters. 3 Bloodthirsters will give you +300 Damage and 75% lifesteal at full charge, and that is an easy 40 mobs to kill.

Unless I am completely wrong and the lifesteal on Bloodthirsters doesn't stack.

Any thoughts?

Corpsestomp

11-25-2010

I see three reasons. Youmuu's Ghostblade, Infinite Edge, Phantom Dancer.

H4ttori

11-25-2010

i dont think Phantom dancer is the way to go on trynd., may be a Zeal bcos of the bonus MS in early game, Youmuu's, IE, Zeal, BT is a better choice.

xxpianoxfortexx

10-18-2012

1 phantom dancer+1 inf edge+100 fury=100% crit. you may as well get boots then stack bloodthirsters.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-19-2012

Suboptimal.

An Infinites Edge is your first purchase and huuugely increases your damage. The 250% crit is the main thing you are after as it adds a very large damage multiplier. Instead of 40g per 1 AD, a point of crit can multiply all your existing AD by +2.6%, which is much more efficient endgame.

A phantom dancer is next, increasing AS and crit, and the movespeed is very valuable too. AS/crit increase adds WAY more DPS than a bloodthirster would despite the BT needing charging up and costing more.

At this point you have 55% crit plus up to 50% from trynds abilities, lots of AD, ok AS.

So you really want more AS ideally. You get 1.0 @18 naturally, add 55% and 25% boots = 1.5ish.
However, there aren't a lot of good options at this point:
* PD - movespeed has big diminishing returns and the 30%crit can be totally unused at high rage values.
* Wits End - onhit isnt exactly a combo with high crit...
* Black Cleaver - this isn't a bad option with balanced AD/AS, and armor pen.
* Ghostblade - crit can be unused at very high rage but its not as likely. AS/MS clickey are very strong despite MS diminishing returns. Cooldown means raging more likely to be up as needed. Flat armor pen is alright but its kind of lategame for it.

So after IE, PD, vamp scepter, a bloodthirster is an alright choice. But Id likely go for a black cleaver or last whisper instead.