Riot: Please lower Spirit Guard Udyr sale price to 1625

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A Tryhardosaurus

07-01-2013

Alright, I may be a broke college student, but that's not the main reason as to why I want it lowered. For one, Udyr is not a very popular champion (meaning not a lot of players play him). Lowering the price to 1625 allows people who currently have some RP to be able to purchase the skin with an additional $10 which is highly accessible (compared to $25).

Pulsefire Ezreal was worth the same amount (3250 rp) and is classified as an ultimate skin, so Spirit Guard, being a ultimate skin, might as well be worth the same sale price (the 1625 rp). Lowering the sale price to 1625 rp will also increase sales because we all know cheaper=more quantity purchased, so you see, this benefits both the players and you at the same time.

tl;dr: Please lower Spirit Guard Udyr sale price to that of Pulsefire Ezreal's 1625 rp since they're both ultimate skins and Udyr is not a very popular champion (before Spirit Guard announcement that is). Lowering the price allows more players to enjoy the skin as opposed to a few percentage that are either Udyr players or player's with money.

P.S. I may sound like a cheap college student, but I have purchased quite a numerable amount of skins (including Primal Udyr ). I just think that the current sale price and the status of Udyr's popularity would affect the quantity sold and I want a set pattern in terms of the sale prices for ultimate skins. Thank you and great job with the skin btw! (Don't get the wrong idea though, the skin is worth 3250, just 1625 is what we're all used to)

A Tryhardosaurus

07-01-2013

If you support this price reduction, please bump this thread for Riot to see!

Spirit Stones

07-01-2013

By lowering the price you'll probably get an extra 10,000 players to buy the skin. That's an extra $100,000 of tri-force pushie phreak can buy.

~99% of statistic on the GD are made up

BACKSTABUUU

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-01-2013

It's dumb that they're charging as much as they are for it. I mean, if they wanted it to not be THAT cheap, why not just make it cost the normal legendary price while on sale instead of the weird as hell number they settled on?

D U N K E D

07-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by die4769 View Post
It's dumb that they're charging as much as they are for it. I mean, if they wanted it to not be THAT cheap, why not just make it cost the normal legendary price while on sale instead of the weird as hell number they settled on?
Hippalu$
To be honest, I think Ulitmate skins should be price at 2850 RP.
No way in hell I would spend 3250 RP on 1 skin.

DeathlyBlessing

07-01-2013

bump

Rama

07-01-2013

Just use Primal Udyr. Spirit Guard is just an updated Primal Udyr skin, they didn't even change the death animation and they still want to call it ultimate.

Brent Rambo II

07-01-2013

There'll be a red post in this thread with a completely bull**** reason as to why they won't do this. It'll be something illogical and self-contradictory, like the posts in the lack of death animation for SGU and the posts in the "Why a skin and not a VU?" thread.

A Tryhardosaurus

07-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by die4769 View Post
I mean I wouldn't call it dumb, but I understand why people would be turned off with it being not out-of-the-ordinary in the world of Udyr which is what Riot labeled ultimate skins to be (a complete re-imagining of a champion).

I still think that the skin is worth the ultimate label because of the effort the team devoted to it; it's definitely a sexy skin both splash art/arts and ingame.

BUT! The 1625 was a great number, not just because it was lower, but also because it was more accessible for players. I know a lot of friends who never played Ezreal that purchased pulsefire ezreal because of that sale price. Riot would definitely earn a lot more profit for their hard work this way.

Rama

07-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Tryhardosaurus View Post
I mean I wouldn't call it dumb, but I understand why people would be turned off with it being not out-of-the-ordinary in the world of Udyr which is what Riot labeled ultimate skins to be (a complete re-imagining of a champion).

I still think that the skin is worth the ultimate label because of the effort the team devoted to it; it's definitely a sexy skin both splash art/arts and ingame.

BUT! The 1625 was a great number, not just because it was lower, but also because it was more accessible for players. I know a lot of friends who never played Ezreal that purchased pulsefire ezreal because of that sale price. Riot would definitely earn a lot more profit for their hard work this way.
I wouldn't say it is a complete re-imagining of Udyr. It is just Udyr in a fancier version of his Primal skin. He is still the man with 4 animal spirits in him, he is still doing what he does but with the spirits more noticeable but it is not a complete re-imagining of him. Pulsefire Ezreal was because it completely changed every particle, voice and other effects about Ezreal. The only thing that was the same about him after the skin change was his kit and name. THAT is a complete re-imagining. This? Not so much.