Macbook Air 2013 Framerate

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Guitariststeviej

07-01-2013

I am getting on everything low, the framerate jumping from 40 to 70 fps and putting it on stable or 60 or 30 fps wont fix it. medium is the same, and i know haswell should at least be able to play this on medium. So my question is, what is everyone else experiencing and is there a fix coming?

Nocturnal Emiss

07-01-2013

I play with mix of medium and high settings with shadows off, and maintain 40-70 fps, my 2013 MBA is an i7. I just set it to 60, and its stays usually in the mid 40's, it will spike up. But pretty happy overall.

Molefish

08-30-2013

dudes I have an old 2009 macbook... not air... not pro... just macbook and I play fine with it on medium settings/low shadow

I do have 8 gigs of ram in mine... but no other real upgrades to talk about...

I get 30fps regularly and that's plenty to smoothly play with for me...

how come newer macs with better hardware are having more issues than lil' ol me? I can't figure it out...but I do plan on picking up a pro within the next year... I hope it runs well!

thenicksolo

08-30-2013

From what I've seen, shadows seems to be the biggest hinderance on the games FPS.
If you're gonna play ranked as well I'd recommend playing on a lower setting anyways.

Lower settings == lower impact on the computer == better performance in game.
The game should run great on almost any machine. I believe in another post we talked about FPS and the way its calculated with Brent.

They said there is a change to how FPS is calculated coming for the client.

Brentmeister

Associate Software Engineer

08-30-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Turning shadows to off will likely give you the largest performance boost on a Mac. A lot of the other settings don't have drastic impacts on performance.

Primokantus

09-01-2013

so i just got my mac air 2013 and ive been trying for days to download and the top bar always stops at 33% and the bottom at 99% and then it wont go any further or it will say unknown error has occured or some thing. i really want to play league and i would love someones help pleaseeeeeee