No Sound In-Game Me

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EchoNights

07-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainGurglegut View Post
The download from Razer's site works. Just don't let it update itself.

Here are the full instructions, step by step. Please leave me a a thank you if this solved your problem. I'm trying to let razer know there are a lot of people affected.

To solve this problem, you need to restart your computer. Please read the instructions completely. Maybe open it on your phone or print them out so you don't get lost.

1. Identify symptom: There are no in game sound effects heard while spectating or participating in a match. You do hear music and clicks in the store. No other sounds are affected. Youtube, itunes, everything else works fine.

EXPORT ALL YOUR PROFILES TO A SAFE PLACE BEFORE DOING THIS

2. Uninstall Razer synapse 2.0: Go to spotlight. Search for 'synapse'. Run the uninstaller. Allow it to reboot the machine. You may wish to shut down the machine and hold command-r while turning the machine on. hold command-r until you see an apple logo on the screen. Go to the disk utility and repair permissions on your boot disk. If you don't know how to do this, don't bother.

3. Reinstall Synapse 2.0 for Mac: Download Synapse 2.0 for Mac from Razer's website. http://www.razerzone.com/synapse2 Run the installer. It will restart your machine. When it reboots, log into your synapse account. It will load drivers for any razer hardware plugged in. This is ok. You will also be alerted that there is an update available for razer synapse 2.0. In the lower right hand corner of the synapse window, there will probably be a green blinking exclamation point. Do not click on it. If you do click on it, you will have a chance to back out of it, but you also have the option of updating. Do not update. Updating it is what screwed up the sound in the first place. If you update it, you will have to do it all over again. I know. I had to do it 3 times because I'm dumb. Don't be dumb. Rise above the level of man-ape and learn from others.

4. Screw around a lot with synapse. It will probably eventually give you a dialog box about syncing profiles. It always gets completely borked no matter what you do, BUT THAT"S OKAY BECAUSE YOU EXPORTED YOUR PROFILES? RIGHT? Allow the software to sync profiles from the cloud. After it's done it's thing, go through and delete all the profiles there are. There may be 1 of each, or there may be several of each. Just delete them all and then import them from the exports you made.

5. Take Synapse offline: Go to the upper right where your account name is. Log out. You may log back in to sync your settings, but do not click on the green blinking exclamation point. See Step 3.

Now go play some LoL.
Be nice to Teemo.
Thanks! Fixed my problem

CaptainGurglegut

07-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugglenuts View Post
When ever I re download synapse it doesn't give me the option of updating it and it automatically brings it up to 2.0
Does sound work in game? If this is your problem and you followed my instructions, your sound should work again. The update that breaks the sound requires user permission from within the program to install itself. If you don't give it permission to update, you should be fine.

Fugglenuts

07-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainGurglegut View Post
Does sound work in game? If this is your problem and you followed my instructions, your sound should work again. The update that breaks the sound requires user permission from within the program to install itself. If you don't give it permission to update, you should be fine.
After following all of the instructions the sound still is not working in game.

CaptainGurglegut

07-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugglenuts View Post
After following all of the instructions the sound still is not working in game.
Sorry, I'm not Razer's tech support and currently can't help you any further. I'm now in the middle of an information exchange with Razer. They've become attentive and I have new instructions to try out and experiment with, but won't be able to do anything until later as I do have a job. I'll do my best to continue to share my results regarding this problem here, but I've already spent several hours of my time to try and be helpful and have exceeded the point of diminished returns.

Good luck.

GlitchZero

07-04-2013

Captain, can you check your installer dmg version? Just to clarify the one grabbed from the site currently is Synpase 2.0 v1.13. Just want to make sure it's the same version for Fugglenuts.

Also, to you other Razer mac users, do you ever get that thing where your cloud settings don't load and you end up with "Profile" with default settings? Annoying as ****, I have no idea how to fix it without logging out and relogging in.

CaptainGurglegut

07-05-2013

I used installer version 1.11

Razer's made a change. I believe they've rolled back the update to a previous version or a fixed version.

If you use installer v1.11, and allow it to update, it updates to version 1.12.1

1.12.1 doesn't exhibit any of the problems. It's different than whatever was there before, and works pretty well.

Teefal

07-23-2013

I'm seeing the nameless USB device in my sound preferences, but try as I might, I cannot click elsewhere to get the sound going. I uninstalled Synapse ... unplugged all USB stuff except the mouse and keyboard, etc, etc. No luck.

Anyone know how to get rid of nameless USB? (It doesn't show on my other mac)

Teefal

07-23-2013

Okay, finally figured this out. Even if you uninstall Razer Synapse, you need to also delete the RazorAPO.kext file from /System/Library/Extensions and restart. THIS removes the nameless USB sound device.