No Sound In-Game Me

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Solarflower

07-01-2013

So for the past 2 days as soon as I enter the loading screen and henceforth the game, the sound just disappears. I checked both every in-game options and my mac options and sound works fine out of the game (e.g. my safari works), yet all in-game sound seems to be muted.

No Idea how to fix this and makes the game quiet unplayable as pings and such are muted. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

P.S. Not sure what other information I can provide.... I know this isn't a lot to go on.

Edit: Just repaired client and still not working.

lightPush3r

07-01-2013

I have the same problem. I tried repairing the client and even re-installed the Mac client. It's strange that all of the log in and the champion select sounds work - audio only fails after I get into the game.

Mirror

07-01-2013

Did either of you sometimes use headphones while playing League? What happens when you connect a headset (whether that's headphones or earbuds)?

You can try spinning up a custom game to yourself and connecting your headphones. Go into your Sound settings in System Preferences and click into the Output tab. Then double-click on your headphones in the list (which should force all of the sound on your Mac through those), and then double-click back onto Internal Speakers.

There are several reasons why your game sound could be failing, but this fixes one of the most common ones - League getting confused about trying to pump audio to a headset that isn't there.

Also, try clicking 'Disable all sound' in your in-game sound preferences, then click Okay, then click back into your sound options and uncheck 'Disable all sound.' Then click Okay, and re-assess. This basically "restarts" your League of Legends sound.

GlitchZero

07-01-2013

It's not that, Mirror. I've been following along with this issue on Reddit with some other Mac users. If anyone who's experiencing this can check your audio settings in System Preferences, and see if you have a blank audio output option that says "USB" as the device.

All of us on Reddit have that appearing and believe the audio is defaulting to that device for some reason, even though the device does not exist.

Mirror

07-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitchZero View Post
It's not that, Mirror. I've been following along with this issue on Reddit with some other Mac users. If anyone who's experiencing this can check your audio settings in System Preferences, and see if you have a blank audio output option that says "USB" as the device.

All of us on Reddit have that appearing and believe the audio is defaulting to that device for some reason, even though the device does not exist.
I thought your client wasn't opening at all?

lightPush3r

07-01-2013

Oh yeah! I do have a blank Audio Device with USB as the type ... !

lightPush3r

07-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirror View Post
Did either of you sometimes use headphones while playing League? What happens when you connect a headset (whether that's headphones or earbuds)?

You can try spinning up a custom game to yourself and connecting your headphones. Go into your Sound settings in System Preferences and click into the Output tab. Then double-click on your headphones in the list (which should force all of the sound on your Mac through those), and then double-click back onto Internal Speakers.

There are several reasons why your game sound could be failing, but this fixes one of the most common ones - League getting confused about trying to pump audio to a headset that isn't there.

Also, try clicking 'Disable all sound' in your in-game sound preferences, then click Okay, then click back into your sound options and uncheck 'Disable all sound.' Then click Okay, and re-assess. This basically "restarts" your League of Legends sound.

I have tried all of the above. I've tried running the audio through the internal speakers, through headphones, through external USB speakers. Same problem. The weird thing is, like I was saying before, is that the game DOES recognize the audio device from log in through champion's select.

CaptainGurglegut

07-01-2013

Did either of you update Razer synapse 2.0 for mac software to the latest update?

It came out in the past week or so. It killed all in game sound effects, but not music or system sounds. I couldn't find any other audio problems.

I had to delete it and reinstall it without permitting it to update, then take it offline.

I use a nostromo and a deathadder, and I love the hardware a great deal. The software sucks.

I repeated it several times to isolate the problem. It's the update.

GlitchZero

07-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirror View Post
I thought your client wasn't opening at all?
Yes, it evolved to that once I tried to repair my client and reinstall, now having to run iLoL just to use at all, but the whole reason leading to the repair / reinstalls was this same issue with lack of sound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainGurglegut View Post
Did either of you update Razer synapse 2.0 for mac software to the latest update?

It came out in the past week or so. It killed all in game sound effects, but not music or system sounds. I couldn't find any other audio problems.

I had to delete it and reinstall it without permitting it to update, then take it offline.

I use a nostromo and a deathadder, and I love the hardware a great deal. The software sucks.

Interesting! I did update it very recently and it's been acting up, downloading and installing Orochi software nonstop unless I pull it offline. Do you have a pkg or anything of an older version? I'm sure you're right, the only other thing I've been able to find in common with other users is USB audio equipment.

lightPush3r

07-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainGurglegut View Post

yup. I did update my synapse recently. I'll trash it and see where it ends up! THANKS FOR THE INFO!!!