Spirit Guard Udry's Death Animation

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Twitchious

07-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanzawa View Post
the death animation is for everyone to enjoy though, when j4 dies in the middle of a fight it looks awesome, it looks like he gave his all and died honorably. when you gank rumble and he pops into the sky its very satisfying.

obviously they just dont want to do a death animation and its their choice, but making up stupid reasons like they are doing sounds very much like an afterthought. like oh **** they were right we did nothing for this 20$ skins death animation, we did everything else but forgot this part. Oh UHH we felt he didnt need it, yeah thats it. we know we did it for pfe but he needed it, and udyr doesnt, for reasons.

riot logic
I love killing Rumble and Cass. Also dying as Rumble makes me giggle, I just went flying out of my mechsuit with my butt on fire, it is great.

SkinnerBlade

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotMindbullets View Post
I'm not saying you won't ever die, I'm saying we didn't want to encourage dying.

From my personal standpoint when I die, and it is a lot, I immediately go to the shop or start checking the minimap. I'd rather have something cool happen when I kill someone than when I die. I don't want to make myself a more desirable target by the enemy seeing something sweet when I die.

#SaveMindbullets2013
How big of a bunch of idiots do you think we are? This is absurd. Just remove cool death animations I guess because we don't want anyone dying to just see them. Or have someone try to kill you just so you see how they die.

Please explain to us how you consider your excuse to be legitimate. It is terrible. All I'm getting from this is that you aren't making this ultimate worthy because you're not going to take the time to put in a death animation like you should.

Ballbag69

07-02-2013

This is honestly a load of ****. This doesn't deserve to be an ultimate skin, they half-assed it all and just chucked a hefty price on it because of a couple "new animations"

Riot, seriously. Come on, you're turning into EA/Activision now.

Brosirius

07-02-2013

Quote:
They worked hard on this and you should respect that, i dont plan on dying much and once you look at all of the other aspects the death animation seems like a useless argument. If you dont like it dont buy it. i for one am happy completely with it, great work riot
I'm sorry but when they expect me to pay twenty ****ing bucks for a cosmetic change, I'd expect the change to be pretty ****ing good. I don't care how "hard" they worked on it, the cost is outrageous and it should be reflected on the quality of the model.

Besides, they didn't work "hard" as much as "horribly inefficient and completely backwards."

lightdragoon88

07-02-2013

Got a poll up about this people.

Let make this a little more organized on where you stand.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...ighlight=death

Nifty Row

07-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brosirius View Post
I'm sorry but when they expect me to pay twenty ****ing bucks for a cosmetic change, I'd expect the change to be pretty ****ing good. I don't care how "hard" they worked on it, the cost is outrageous and it should be reflected on the quality of the model.

Besides, they didn't work "hard" as much as "horribly inefficient and completely backwards."
The quality of SG Udyr is that of an ultimate skin.

All it boils down to is that the skin is not your cup of tea. And that's fine. However, you are very incorrect about the lack of work that went into it, or about Riot's efficiency. Especially since you do not work there, so you have no idea what there team make-up and scheduling consists of, and judging by your comment, also don't know what goes into making a skin, or the problems that can arise during development.

SaraIsLiz

07-03-2013

Would like to hear them say they are working on this right now.

XenonBlitz

07-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azthioth View Post
It's a freaking ULTIMATE skin. Ultimate means it has everything you can fit in. FFS its $30. If you are just going to skimp on things, then lower the damn price. Seriously? Admitting that you didn't do your best in every area then asking your player base to pay like you did do everything? Good God man.
^

Twitchious

07-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nifty Row View Post
The quality of SG Udyr is that of an ultimate skin.

All it boils down to is that the skin is not your cup of tea. And that's fine. However, you are very incorrect about the lack of work that went into it, or about Riot's efficiency. Especially since you do not work there, so you have no idea what there team make-up and scheduling consists of, and judging by your comment, also don't know what goes into making a skin, or the problems that can arise during development.
The quality of animations is what we have come to expect of every champion released within the past few months. The VO and interactions with various things like Baron and unique stance dialog is cool though. However almost all recently released champions and even some skins have had a death animation, or modified death animations. Why is this skin, which is supposed to be an ultimate not getting the same treatment as a new champion. Also the major thing is:

It is not so much the animation, he has NO death VO. Brolaf a two year old legendary has four lines of VO when he dies. SGU? None.

MobiIe Ward

07-03-2013

This needs to stay front page until Riot gives in.