Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Mac Client Will Not Open

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GlitchZero

06-30-2013

Since last night I've been experiencing an issue where I got no audio in game, from any audio source, regardless of default settings in system. (This is is a whole other issue, as now it has progressed)

After trying about a billion different fixes, including reinstalling AppleUSBAudio.kext, and Repairing the client, the Launcher itself would not even open, I would get a single bounce of the League of Legends icon in my dock and nothing would happen. After more tinkering around with the Package Contents / RADS files, and 8 different copies of LoL installed, nothing changed.

I completely removed League of Legends from my MacBook Pro, and then reinstalled the entire application again. Now, I can at least get the Launcher open, but the client will not open itself. I watched my Activity Monitor and see UserKernel pop up as the Launcher opens, and then disappears a few seconds after the Launcher closes itself. (when you'd usually see the Client window pop up)

I'm frankly at the end of my rope in terms of trying to solve this myself as I've spent the last 6-7 hours messing around with this, all just so I could hear audio in game. Hoping someone has some information that will help me out.

Specs for those wondering:

OS X: 10.8.4
Model: MacBook Pro 13.3 inch, Late 2011 (MacBookPro8,1)
Processor: 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5
RAM: 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics Card: Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB

League is obviously completely up to date due to reinstall.

EmmieSA

07-01-2013

Did you try removing it from the dock?

GlitchZero

07-01-2013

Yes, tried booting straight from the Application folder, still nothing.