Jax in season 3

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Night Hawker

06-30-2013

Today i started thinking about why Jax in season 3 isn't getting Hextech and Rageblade, instead everyone gets AD (botrk and others) and no AP (Trinity Force excluded).

I tried researching but no threads satisfy my question, they said that Hextech doesn't do good like last time (season 2) so i went to check Jax and Hextech nerf/buff history, both don't change much!

So what is the exact reason? Thanks for your time

Aeolian Symmetry

06-30-2013

Because the old sustain it used to provide is no longer viable nor is it worth the money to spend on it.

Chihauss

06-30-2013

Voyboy played Jax with gunblade/rageblade and was doing just fine. I guess botrk helps counter the health stacking meta, but other than that it's personal choice.

Night Hawker

06-30-2013

But since the rise of popularity of Ruined King, Every Jax gets it and i mean EVERY . Doesn't matter if the enemy stack health or not.

I don't know if i can tag but @DontHairLongCare , what do you mean exactly by the 'old sustain' it used to provide? as you can see above, i mentioned that i checked Jax and Hextech nerf/buff history, nothing really changed that much.

gest13

07-01-2013

I'm thinking the active slow from BoRK and the flat attack speed instead of stacking speed is better for fights?

That addresses rageblade, but not sure about gunblade. The standard bruiser thing right now is just to go tanky with a BoRK, from what I've seen

Noice Chair

07-01-2013

I've just started playing Jax, but I rush a BoRK for the active heal it gives you which is sweet for duels. If I've dominated lane I'll grab a rageblade to help with duels and tower smashing, otherwise I'll grab a trinity force and go tanky. No idea how other people build him though.

Night Hawker

07-01-2013

Alright thanks