Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Phantom Dancer on AD Jax--Consensus?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Balorlord

11-26-2010

Quote:
WithoutSkill:
You got your pricetags wrong buddy.

Threads are : boots 1 (350) + resist thingy (400) + recipe (450) = 1200

So the gold loss is more like 605 gold ? Not sure on the tabi exact prices, i ll assume u got that right.

605 gold still isnt that big of a deal tho.

I believe it is you who has the wrong math.

im talking about selling tabi, and REPLACING it with merc treads, and the resulting net gold loss, which is 255.
You are talking about selling BOTH tabi and merc treads once acquired, and the resulting combined net gold loss, which is 615.

What you did:
Total price - Sell price = net gold loss
Merc Treads
1200 - 840 = 360 gold loss
Tabi
850 - 595 = 255 gold loss
360 + 255 = 605 total gold loss (its actually 615, by the way)

What I did:
Total price - Sell price = net gold loss
Tabi
850 - 595 = 255 total gold loss

Also, please show your work next time you want to mathcraft.
numbers without backing = your argument without proof

Balorlord

11-26-2010

Quote:
Pewstar:
IMO your better off with triforce. You dont need the dodge if you have tabi and proper runes/masteries any extra is a waste when it could be damage.

Ive had too much sucuss with triforce and atmas/bloodthirster combo.

With ult and MR per level runes and mabey a MR item if too much burst ive never had a problem with needing to get treads instead of tabi.

I do agree that triforce and atmas are great on jax, however,

Bloodthirster is not. If you ever die, you throw out 40 dmg and 10% lifesteal. I find Hextech gunblade a better choice

0 stacks bloodthirster vs Gunblade
60 Dmg, 15% lifesteal vs 60 dmg, 75 Ability power 20% lifesteal, 20% spellvamp, activated ranged slow.

40 stacks bloodthirster vs Gunblade
100 dmg 25% lifesteal vs 60 dmg, 75 Ability power 20% lifesteal, 20% spellvamp, activated ranged slow

check this (https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AuKdwH1ku9sBdFJzcElFRWVLSVIyWi12a3RrUGhRSlE&hl=en#gid=0). Does having the potential to have about 600 more cost efficiency than gunblade (ignoring spell vamp and the active) outweigh the potential to have 1200 cost efficiency less untill you somehow manage to take the time off from teamfights to farm 40 more minions (about 3-4 waves)?

Also, with the current AOE CC metagame, merc treads are a must. Every second you are stunned is a second your dps drops to 0 and a second off the duration of your ulti and guinsoo stacks before they drop off and you lose alot of dps you could of had throughout the fight.

Vidal

11-26-2010

Quote:
Balorlord:
I do agree that triforce and atmas are great on jax, however,

Bloodthirster is a terrible item on jax in my opinion. If you ever die, you drop 40 dmg and 10% lifesteal. I find Hextech gunblade better choice because you get the exact same stats as a 0 stack bloodthirster, except with AP, spellvamp, and a ranged slow to boot.

60 Dmg, 15% lifesteal vs 60 dmg, 75 Ability power 20% lifesteal, 20% spellvamp + ranged slow

Even fully stacked, gunblade is comparable. And you dont lose DPS when you die.

100 dmg 25% lifesteal vs vs 60 dmg, 75 Ability power 20% lifesteal, 20% spellvamp + ranged slow

If you don't believe me, check this (https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AuKdwH1ku9sBdFJzcElFRWVLSVIyWi12a3RrUGhRSlE&hl=en#gid=0), keeping note of how spellvamp and the active arent put in the calculations of gunblade. Does having the potential to have about 600 more cost efficiency than gunblade (ignoring spell vamp and the active) outweigh the potential to have 1200 cost efficiency less untill you manage to take the time off from teamfights to farm 40 more minions?

Also, with the current AOE CC metagame, merc treads are a must. Every second you are stunned is a second your dps drops to 0 and a second off the duration of your ulti and guinsoo stacks before they completely drop off.

A rl friend of mine who is a realy good jax player has tryed almost every build in the book from phantom dancer to sword of the divine (for the passive synergy with his ult).

He dominates with gunblade and I believe it is by far a solid choice for jax. his build is:

tabi>rageblade>gunblade(geting lifesteal component first)

game is usualy over by then but after that he just stacks them, he has 20% atkspeed from runes so at lvl 18, with just a rageblade for atkspeed he can reach 2.5 atks per second (the cap). Also he can solo baron at lvl 16 with just rageblade and gunblade.

Voradour

11-26-2010

I honestly don't like PD. I normally go Ninja/Merc>Rageblade>Gunblade because they are my core items, then the match is over. If for some reason it lasts longer, I try to work in a Mallet>Rylai's because I like to have a lot of HP, plus the slow helps a lot. I honestly don't think it synergizes well at all on Jax, the dodge is not really needed, crits help but don't really synergize well, AS is useful but you should have enough by ulti+rageblade. The movement speed is nice though.