Windows 8 and lol

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RockEmSockEmRabi

06-28-2013

I recently bought a new computer and Im trying to install league on it. The download file downloads fine, but when I click on the league icon to patch it. it gets stuck on the logo.

maravis

06-28-2013

weird i have win 8 and it works fine

RockEmSockEmRabi

06-28-2013

That is so helpful. Thank you.

Thugtronika

06-28-2013

I'm having similar issues on Windows 8. Weird thing is I have had it installed on this PC no issues in the past. Uninstalled it awhile back and now trying to reinstall and it's freezing and giving me errors.

Fried Chkn

06-28-2013

I literally bought a new comp today and I'm having the exact same problem.

Jazsmine

06-29-2013

Download microsoft .net 4.5 and 3.0 , you need both. Win8 should come with 4.5 (which includes 4.0) and the latest dx runtime

If your still having problems uninstall league, click on your league setup icon and go into propertys -> compatibility mode -> run in windows 7 and hit apply. Then install it

RockEmSockEmRabi

06-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazsmine View Post
Download microsoft .net 4.5 and 3.0 , you need both. Win8 should come with 4.5 (which includes 4.0) and the latest dx runtime

If your still having problems uninstall league, click on your league setup icon and go into propertys -> compatibility mode -> run in windows 7 and hit apply. Then install it
I tried installing the framework but when I click Run, it does nothing

Fried Chkn

06-29-2013

I just right clicked the lol.launcher.admin in the Riot Games folder, clicked properties, and ran it in windows 7 compatibility mode. I then right clicked the icon, ran as admin. it worked!

RockEmSockEmRabi

06-29-2013

Figured it out. I just had to leave it on the logo for like 10 minutes. Hopefully, I don't have to do that every time.

ShadowRecon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-29-2013

It has probably something to do with your touch screen computer (assume you have a touch screen because you said windows 8) and is probably not fully suitable to for league's requirements.