Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Let's talk about Yorick

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xFruit Basket

06-29-2013

Quote:
Xelnath:

Kit 2)

Ghouls interplay with each other. Yorick's ultimate is a powerful army command tool.

719930 719931
(Q - Ranged Nuke)
719932 719933
(E - Skillshot)

Would it be possible to instead of using this on Yorick rather to take it and put it on a different champion? I think this kit is really awesome but doesn't exactly fit Yorick. Yorick is more of a bruiser who gets into the fight and hits people while his team backs him up, whereas The Endless March would make him sit in the back. I think that the first kit overall would suit Yorick better as a rework, but I think the second kit is DEFINITELY something to push as a different champion.

Angel Kiragis

06-29-2013

I really like the second minion kit, but either the first ultimate or Morgageddon's ultimate. My gut tells me that the first minion kit will play too similarly to how Yorick is now, and the second one gives a lot of opportunity for both skilled play and skilled counterplay.

The first ult preserves his defensive buff ult aspect, while Morgageddon's would shift Yorick to being more Riven-like, with a big damage ult. Oooo....or what if the ghouls were extra undead, and recovered his passive or team utility? Think Morgageddon's minion counter, then as Yorick channels each minion is untargetable and doesn't do damage but provides damage reduction or their passive effects in an aoe to the team.

The necromancy is my cool takeaway from Yorick, doesn't have to be a huge minion army per se, especially if the minions he does have feel powerful. Besides minion armies are notoriously hard to deal with for game AIs. Just think of the unit collision headaches.

Riddot

06-29-2013

Hey Xelnath,

Both kits have potential, but I can't help but feel that we have to choose between unleashing an army of minions and providing team utility via our ult.

So, I was thinking: why not both?

New Ult: Tombstone

I'm thinking of a bigger, but destructible Trundle Pillar (serves as an obstacle/slows enemies on a radius) that spawns an army of four to five controllable ghosts (think Tibbers) for 5-10 secs. (I've always felt Yorick doesn't have that many tools after the laning phase - this ult should remedy that by giving him an edge in close-corridor fights) However, if an ally dies close to the Tombstone, his revenant bursts out of the Tombstone and inherits its slow. Killing the tombstone/revenant, of course, gets rid of the ghosts regardless of how much HP they have left.

I'm willing to guess that there's some cases where this ult might be OP as hell (tower sieges, for instance), but who knows: this might be a cool idea to try out.

Zhenjin

06-29-2013

Kit 1 looks awesome.
Imagine reworked adc yi with reworked support yorick.
Tons of damage

Dues Pater

06-29-2013

Quote:
Xelnath:
I've thrown together two "kit" ideas based on the concepts posed earlier for discussion of the ideas behind them. Keep in mind, these are only tooltips... and tooltips are much easier to write than abilities are to build.

Which of these better fits the kind of character Yorick should be? Please explain why you like or hate it.

Good Talking Points:
* Counterplay - which one provides the better experience?
* Creativity - which one lets the player feel like a pro?
* Cohesiveness - which ones feels like it works well together?

Kit 1)

Ghouls buff Yorick. Yorick can give these buffs to an Ally.

719924 719925 719927 719928 719929

Kit 2)

Ghouls interplay with each other. Yorick's ultimate is a powerful army command tool.

719930 719931
(Q - Ranged Nuke)
719932 719933
(E - Skillshot)

I like kit two more than kit one. I think the channeling time is a bit to long, think about all the gap closing champions they are like xin,jarv,vi and even fiddle.

Maybe yorick should en seal him self in a tome where it absorbs part of the dmg as he is channeling his ult.

Kasura

06-29-2013

Quote:
Xelnath:
Maybe R#2 should instead just be "channel for X sec to summon Zergling rush" instead of channelled banelings stream?

I have an ideal for the ult for kit2, but I don't know if it has been stated before. If so, I am sorry for stealing someone else idea.
It is similar to kit 1 ult.
Ult:
Passive: Yorick take X% less damage for each active ghouls

1st Active: Review all 3 ghouls, reduce X cool-down for each ghouls still alive.

2nd Active: Target ally : send all 3 ghouls to surround target ally forming shield(X) for X second.

Target enemies: send all 3 ghouls to surround target enemies snaring for x second and dealing X physical damage.

I feels that the passive to reduce damage is necessary as he does not have the range sustain he currently have to get into team fight without getting blown up. The 3 ghouls would surround the ally or enemies similar to how Diana has 3 shield surrounding her. But instead of it circling the target, they just surround the target in a triangle and move according to the target.
Discuss...

Earl of Madness

06-29-2013

I Personally Prefer Kit 1 as a base kit however, i prefer the ultimate of the second kit. I like Yorick having pets because they arn't a common thing in the league and having 3 rather useful summons that can be used i think is more valueable.

However the Ultimate Tripple Team I don't think fits that first kit. To me Yorik Does feel like someone who should use an army of the dead when he's at his strongest. And when he's normal he summons his 3 most loyal servants. Just my 2 cents though Both kits look good and look more fun for Yorick I do prefer the first kit though I just don't think the ultimate is very good because it still incurs the same problem of being ally dependent just like his other ultimate, though to a much lesser degree which is better.

Mirage Night

06-29-2013

Kit 2 but kit 1s ult

SoresuMakashi

06-29-2013

Quote:
Xelnath:
(I really like EX words. EXHUME. EXHAUST. EXHIBIT. EXPELLIARMUS)

Exlnath?

While Kit 2 sounds really cool, isn't the ult extremely prone to AOE damage?

Sephrinx

06-29-2013

Those kits scream op. Wow.