Let's talk about Yorick

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mynt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHOPTDK View Post
Yoricks sustain isn't broken. He has to buy at least a complete mana regen item just to be able to keep up. Yes he can heal effectively, but at significant mana cost.
This is not true.

Which is funny. Ranking E does not increase the amount of HP you can restore before going back to the fountain. It's like the entire LoL population is getting trolled.

So players spend all their first 9 levels making every effort to maximize the E style of gameplay, which is completely pointless. If they'd skip the Tear / Chalice / Mana shenanigans and start maxing AD from the get go, they'd actually restore more HP.

Rpnightsend

06-29-2013

Hey Xelnath, I've got about 100 ranked games as Yorick and many many more normals, so I hope my opinion can help out:
Of the two kits you presented, I like the first one a lot better. It keeps Yorick's theme, as Morgageddon said, of being a supportish tank with a buff to allies in teamfights. At the same time, it retains that single target zoning/burst that he has late game. The way you have it set up makes it a choice of the player whether to help an ally or add to his single target damage (which technically he has now but it usually feels more important to ult your carry right now).
Another important thing about the first kit is that it retains Yorick's biggest weakness: Kiting. Right now Yorick is very easy to kite until he gets into melee range, which is easy as long as someone isnt trying to duel him off the bat. The second Skillset makes him more of a caster which removes that weakness. While the second set could very well have its own weaknesses, I feel its important to keep his strengths and weaknesses similar, both for us who love the champ and for those playing against him.

Also I like the ghoul names, though may I ask where Munch came from?

Anyways, hope my 2 cents helped, I don't know how other big Yorick fans feel but I'm excited to see my favorite Gravedigger get a rework.

scyKoTiKc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-29-2013

It's just the way I'm reading this probably, but Kit one just makes him seem like a walking ultimate late game. Would prefer kit two, can't really give my thoughts that well, on a laptop.

Player Loading

06-29-2013

Why would Yorick Mori the Gravedigger name his ghouls Inky Stinky and Munch? Come on hes not some joke that throws out cute little ghouls with cute names hes a gravedigger, the bringer of famine, death and pestilence

Infectious

06-29-2013

Xelnath, what do you think about his ghouls being controlled with alt-click, since they'd be permanent?
I don't really like the idea of them simply attacking everything in range and it would be awesome to control them, however I do see that it could be possibly problematic in lane. - Yorick constantly sending ghouls on you while he sits there and free farms -.
I think it'd be much cooler and more in-line with yorick's style to be able to control them instead of them just being there and doing stuff for you without any effort.
Of course with this though, they should have a max range, much like Tibbers, voidlings and such. There's nothing more annoying than having to run all the way back to your tower when you have a ghoul on you.

Cyr

06-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Player Loading View Post
Why would Yorick Mori the Gravedigger name his ghouls Inky Stinky and Munch? Come on hes not some joke that throws out cute little ghouls with cute names hes a gravedigger, the bringer of famine, death and pestilence
>Tooltips for concepting.

Minimap

06-29-2013

Yorick Players:
What is the fantasy of playing Yorick?

To be able to summon a horde of undead beings to do your bidding, hence the necromancer role he plays.

What are the high moments of Yorick?
When you turn a fight around by suddenly summoning an overwhelming amount of undead beings against your opponent.

What do you dislike most about playing Yorick?
Even if you win lane with Yorick, you are unable to provide much for your team late game and start completely relying on everybody else to do work for you (mainly carries) instead of your ghouls.

Yorick Opponents:
What is the most frustrating part of facing Yorick?

Mainly just his high sustain and poke capability.

How do you win a game against Yorick?
Force a fight after his skills are on cooldown (at least his E) and outsustain him.

What do you enjoy most about facing Yorick?
Watch his inevitable demise as my DoTs are ticking down on him while he still has his ultimate going.

How does Yorick lose a game?
As mentioned before he doesn't bring much to the table late game and isn't much of a threat as a tank/bruiser type should be, he can't stick onto carries as he'll get out dps'd and hes completely reliant on how well his carries are doing.

Oh also, for the 2 kits, the second one makes a more interesting play in my opinion.
No, not because of the ultimate but the fact that he can actually stick onto a target and do decent damage himself.

scyKoTiKc

06-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
I've thrown together two "kit" ideas based on the concepts posed earlier for discussion of the ideas behind them. Keep in mind, these are only tooltips... and tooltips are much easier to write than abilities are to build.

Which of these better fits the kind of character Yorick should be? Please explain why you like or hate it.

Good Talking Points:
* Counterplay - which one provides the better experience?
* Creativity - which one lets the player feel like a pro?
* Cohesiveness - which ones feels like it works well together?

Kit 1)

Ghouls buff Yorick. Yorick can give these buffs to an Ally.

Attachment 719924 Attachment 719925 Attachment 719927Attachment 719928Attachment 719929

Kit 2)

Ghouls interplay with each other. Yorick's ultimate is a powerful army command tool.

Attachment 719930 Attachment 719931
(Q - Ranged Nuke)
Attachment 719932Attachment 719933
(E - Skillshot)
Attachment 719934
In Kit 2 does your q deal any damage when you launch the ghoul? Or do you have to use an auto attack?

Aerophobia

06-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
Actually, Heimerdinger is making progress. However, my sudden insertion of Xerath into the playtesting schedule pushed Heimerdinger back severely. (You can't playtest two AP mid characters effectively in the same game without warping feedback.)

Morello actually asked me if I would like to pickup the task of finishing off Heimerdinger now that Xerath is getting into a good state. I actually said no, because I'm fried mentally on the AP character space right now and the "cleanup/pruning" stages of development are the ones I find most stressful. (I'll post more about this in the Xerath thread).

So, feel free to blame me for Heimerdinger being pushed back. That said, the guys who are assigned to him have actually done a great job of remaking him to feel way more satisfying!

That said, I won't be commenting on Heimerdinger again in this thread. Let's focus our attention on discussing Yorick.
So wait 3 years and now wait 3 more cause no one wants to finish it...glad i spent my money on him.

Fudge Dragon

06-29-2013

I like the first one better.
What does it mean when you say "Yorick exhumes a ghoul every 30 seconds"? Does this mean he summons a random one... or is it based off of the last ability he used or something?