Why aren't girls better players?

12345 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

markd315

Senior Member

01-02-2014

So basically I've been thinking (run naow). The things that limit me in ranked are a small champion pool and a bad attitude. I have trouble keeping cool when I'm mid and my jungler fail ganks, then goes back in without me and gives double buffs. It really rustles my jimmies. Mechanically, I'm pretty good, when I win lane on kat or vayne (Not even fed really), I rack up quadras with relative ease. The problem is early game when I can't do much to help the autistic other two lanes (Maybe I should learn to jungle well?)

Anyway, I just think that girls don't really have a problem with this. The E-rage and E-peen is a lot weaker in girls. The girls I've played with have been pretty inexperienced (And also really honest/humble about how bad they are) but they've had exceptionally good attitudes, never responding to flame/criticism etc. I feel like with some mechanical practice and motivation, the girl I like, Jenny, could easily be better than me because of this.

So my question is twofold. A: Without castrating myself, how can I become less aggressive and self-focused in ranked? I need to have a calmer playstyle. B: Why aren't there any girls at higher ELOs? Are they just less motivated/ambitious? Is it because as a community we shut them down so hard? If so, we should probably stop that. I'm not saying don't flame in kaceytrons chat, because she's an obvious troll; but on female gamers with no facecamwhoring and no excessive emphasis on being a girl, could we maybe tone it down a bit?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

medium katarina

Senior Member

01-02-2014

well there are girls in higher elos there are just less of them overall ._.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

markd315

Senior Member

01-02-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by medium katarina View Post
well there are girls in higher elos there are just less of them overall ._.
Of course there are some. But there are no pros, and there are less of them as you just said.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SNSD Tiffanyx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-02-2014

too busy banging, getting dumped and justin biebier


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jesus The Lord

Senior Member

01-02-2014

Because they are bad.

Well, the truth is, women simply do not have the same competitive spirit that men do. They also don't have the analytical mind or patience necessary to engage in MOBA games. A practical example of this in the real world is high level chess play. The difference between a "Women's World Champion" and an actual world champion is enormous. The female players are just utter sh*t.

Do note that women are allowed into the high level tournaments, as long as they are able to compete on the same level as the men (They almost never are).
GG


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bigricky

Senior Member

01-02-2014

Because womens' brains function differently than men.

They're not equal. They're not lower. They're just different.

Women tend to be better multi-taskers and more detail oriented than Men.
Men tend to be able to focus on one thing better.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

pandemiclegion

Senior Member

01-02-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus The Lord View Post
Because they are bad.

Well, the truth is, women simply do not have the same competitive spirit that men do. They also don't have the analytical mind or patience necessary to engage in MOBA games. A practical example of this in the real world is high level chess play. The difference between a "Women's World Champion" and an actual world champion is enormous. The female players are just utter sh*t.

Do note that women are allowed into the high level tournaments, as long as they are able to compete on the same level as the men (They almost never are).
GG

i match the first sentence of your paragraph with ronda rousey


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jesus The Lord

Senior Member

01-02-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandemiclegion View Post
i match the first sentence of your paragraph with ronda rousey
Pfft, I match your Ronda Rousey with Cain Velasquez.

gg'd


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

universe within

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-02-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by markd315 View Post
So basically I've been thinking (run naow). The things that limit me in ranked are a small champion pool and a bad attitude. I have trouble keeping cool when I'm mid and my jungler fail ganks, then goes back in without me and gives double buffs. It really rustles my jimmies. Mechanically, I'm pretty good, when I win lane on kat or vayne (Not even fed really), I rack up quadras with relative ease. The problem is early game when I can't do much to help the autistic other two lanes (Maybe I should learn to jungle well?)

Anyway, I just think that girls don't really have a problem with this. The E-rage and E-peen is a lot weaker in girls. The girls I've played with have been pretty inexperienced (And also really honest/humble about how bad they are) but they've had exceptionally good attitudes, never responding to flame/criticism etc. I feel like with some mechanical practice and motivation, the girl I like, Jenny, could easily be better than me because of this.

So my question is twofold. A: Without castrating myself, how can I become less aggressive and self-focused in ranked? I need to have a calmer playstyle. B: Why aren't there any girls at higher ELOs? Are they just less motivated/ambitious? Is it because as a community we shut them down so hard? If so, we should probably stop that. I'm not saying don't flame in kaceytrons chat, because she's an obvious troll; but on female gamers with no facecamwhoring and no excessive emphasis on being a girl, could we maybe tone it down a bit?
uhh have you ever actually played with a female? Because this one girl I know Xandriia is the biggest rager I've ever met. She always screams at her teammates and if I try to give her any constructive feedback she says I'm lording my Diamond border over her.

SHE'S REALLY SCARY AND HER E-PEEN IS HUGE.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sdjaks

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-02-2014

Women deal with a lot of stupid **** in real life and ESPECIALLY on the internet on a daily basis, I think they tend to have a thicker skin.


12345 ... 11