Do you lose IP when you surrender?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Webnet

12-14-2009

Title says it all....

EmissaryShadow

Emissary of the League

12-14-2009

No, you just don't max out the minimal long defense bonus if you surrender before 45 min.

Gaeb

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-14-2009

Should be noted that a loss in 25 min (~70 IP) given ~5min queue/launch time is, afaik, way superior to a loss in 45 min as far as IP / min.

Warrition

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

12-14-2009

I believe the plan is to cut the IP gain when surrendering, although it's not there yet.

Vixen Fox

12-14-2009

In my opinion, it shouldn't matter if a game ends via surrender or via nexus destruction.

A 25 min game ending in surrender should give the same IP / XP as if they destroyed your nexus at 25 min.

I can't tell you how many times we've just been waiting for the clock to tick 25:00 so we could wipe it and got to cross our fingers not to get beaten by the matchmaker again. If they make it worth less IP / XP for a surrender, you're basically bringing on the grief where the obviously superior team just keeps ganking and ganking without even trying to win.

Last Crusader

12-14-2009

Seems like there should be some penalty for surrendering. In a grinding game like this ... most games lately ... hits the 25 minute mark and if one team is dominating .. (double the hero kills, a base tower town, an inhibitor down) ... usually the losing team surrenders.

Since the "bonus" for longer games is negligible compared to the IP you get from a win/loss .. it's quite the incentive to just surrender as soon as possible.

I remember that in WoW PvP .. since it was a grind .. and both the winners and losers got honor points ... more games was always more effecient than a hard-fought win.

The downside to a grind system ... you get tons of players .. but sometimes for the wrong reasons.

That being said .. the surrender option IS a nice change from DOTA ... I hate games where a far superior team stops trying to win and just ganks and ganks.

EmissaryShadow

Emissary of the League

12-14-2009

Quick wins get bonuses too.

Zoc

Recruiter

12-14-2009

As far as I know, when you surrender, no matter at what time, it halves the XP and IP from the losing team.

EmissaryShadow

Emissary of the League

12-14-2009

I get about 70 IP surrender or Nexused

ShadowOrigin

12-14-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoc View Post
As far as I know, when you surrender, no matter at what time, it halves the XP and IP from the losing team.
Not quite.

There is currently no penalty for surrender, as pointed out above.

Later on, Riot plans to scale it back to a 15m surrender again, and add in the half IP/XP gained for surrendering at that time.

EDIT:

Post from Zileas confirming aforementioned change: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...99986&p=305799