Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Fix fps issue without changing v-sync here!!!!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

puremojo

06-27-2013

Guys,

I was trying random stuff and I did this a while back (my friends did too) and we haven't had the FPS issue since:

Change frame rate cap from "Stable" to "very high" (the one that just basically doesn't put any limit at all - not in game so I forget the setting its called)

Since I took it off stable mode, it hasn't happened since. It's been a week since I've done it.

I REPOSTED THIS BELOW - EXACT STEPS:

Settings>Video>Frame Rate Cap>High Framerate

puremojo

06-27-2013

I think this setting is in the video options

Viz

Associate Software Engineer

06-28-2013

Quote:
puremojo:
I think this setting is in the video options

The setting is called benchmark. If you aren't on benchmark, you're essentially using a software form of vsync. So if you want the fastest framerate, make sure you use benchmark.

puremojo

06-28-2013

i guess that just doesnt really make sense though....i had faster settings doing what i mentioned above, but oh well.

puremojo

06-28-2013

the bench mark is SUPPOSED to make it be faster, i know that. but it just wasnt for me

puremojo

06-28-2013

Settings are in:

Settings>Video>Frame Rate Cap>High Framerate

Haven't had the problem since like 2 weeks ago now.....