The Hextech Laboratory (Ask Viktor)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fae Lulu

06-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask the Herald View Post

Now, granted, Viktor wasn't expecting such an immediate response. In fact, he wasn't even expecting the little yordle sorceress to show up so soon after sending out his letter. Yet here she was, Lulu the Fae Sorceress, in all her bright and energetic adorableness. Suffice it to say, if his mask were not currently covering it the dumbest look on his face would be in full view.

"Er, hello Lulu. I wasn't expecting you so soon. Ah, regarding that project I wrote about..."

He had no idea where to begin, and the last thing he needed right now was the little yordle making a mess of his laboratory.
"Oh sorry, were we too early?" Lulu asked, " If so we can always come back when you have all the sciency stuff ready. Maybe I can get the rainbow spiders to make me a cool lab coat too...Every smart science person has to have a lab coat right?"

Ask the Herald

07-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AODRG View Post
Alice nodded, "Um...sorta. Is he busy right now?"

"If so we can just come back," Sam added.
The acolyte before them gave them a rather incredulous look, but ultimately a voice spoke up from behind him that clearly belonged to the Machine Herald himself.

"It's quite alright, Jacob. Do allow them entry, if you will." At his Herald's insistence, the acolyte - named Jacob, apparently, nodded subserviently and then moved away from the doorway for the visitors to be able to enter the laboratory. Viktor, for his part, gave them a rather small but courteous bow. "Welcome to my laboratory, I am the Machine Herald known as Viktor. Now, what can I do for you?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AskKarthus View Post
"We are currently planning the tour. I believe you will have adequate time to prepare."

(( Planning in here. ))
Viktor nodded in understanding. "Very well. I will see you then."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fae Ll View Post
"Oh sorry, were we too early?" Lulu asked, " If so we can always come back when you have all the sciency stuff ready. Maybe I can get the rainbow spiders to make me a cool lab coat too...Every smart science person has to have a lab coat right?"
If not for the mask to hide its features, Viktor's face would have been seen to have contorted into the most ridiculously uncharacteristic grimaces he never thought himself capable of.

"Rainbow.....spiders...."

He seemed as though he simply could not grasp the concept of such things, even more so was rather clearly perturbed by the very notion of the very creatures' existence. Although, considering who he was dealing with, he could only surmise what the little yordle witch would say or do next.

AskKarthus

07-05-2013

(( Hey Vik, the concert thread went up, and setup is happening. ))

RG2000

07-05-2013

A letter arrives at Viktor's Lab front door.

Greetings Dr. Viktor, my name is Gaver I found myself in need of your expertise. I need you to make a device for me, and I will gladly reward you if you agree to do so.

Also I'm looking forward meeting you in person. Oh, and let me know if I need to wear my old hazmat suit in case the pollution got worse.

I await your reply.

Ask the Herald

07-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG2000 View Post
A letter arrives at Viktor's Lab front door.

Greetings Dr. Viktor, my name is Gaver I found myself in need of your expertise. I need you to make a device for me, and I will gladly reward you if you agree to do so.

Also I'm looking forward meeting you in person. Oh, and let me know if I need to wear my old hazmat suit in case the pollution got worse.

I await your reply.
Viktor set about to immediately respond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by letter
Gaver,

No need for the title, as I never did achieve the required criteria to earn my doctorate in the College of Techmaturgy. However, as to your request, I am somewhat intrigued but humbly request more details. Feel free to pay me a visit in my laboratory, or send me a response with the appropriate conditions for meeting face to face.

- Viktor

AODRG

07-10-2013

Quote:
The acolyte before them gave them a rather incredulous look, but ultimately a voice spoke up from behind him that clearly belonged to the Machine Herald himself.

"It's quite alright, Jacob. Do allow them entry, if you will." At his Herald's insistence, the acolyte - named Jacob, apparently, nodded subserviently and then moved away from the doorway for the visitors to be able to enter the laboratory. Viktor, for his part, gave them a rather small but courteous bow. "Welcome to my laboratory, I am the Machine Herald known as Viktor. Now, what can I do for you?"
Alice waved toward Viktor as he introduced himself, "Hey there. I'm Alice, and this is my fiance Sam." Sam waved back, though less enthusiastically, "And since I'm going to be the next champion soon, I figured it might be nice to visit some of the other champions."

"Now you're not guaranteed to be the next champion," Sam pointed out, "You still gotta be accepted first."

Alice nodded, "Right. Anyway, Viktor, how do you like being a champion? All the fame, the ability to show off your skills, and to meet so many...unique characters..."

RG2000

07-11-2013

Gaver receives the letter and quickly writes down a reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by letter
Thank you for your reply Mr. Viktor, the device that I want you to make is, some sort of a magic detector, that can tell me whenever a source of magic is nearby, and the intensity of the source itself. And the hardest part I think that I want that device to be a handheld. In case you approve, I'll come to your lab right away.

-Gaver

Ask Orichan

07-12-2013

*Orianna, in all her excitement blasted down a wall of the room with her arm cannons and ran up to Viktor giving him a death hug.*

Viktor. Ori missed you. You went away without telling us. Ori was sad.

((Welcome Back! It wasn't the same without you! ))

Ask the Herald

07-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AODRG View Post
Alice waved toward Viktor as he introduced himself, "Hey there. I'm Alice, and this is my fiance Sam." Sam waved back, though less enthusiastically, "And since I'm going to be the next champion soon, I figured it might be nice to visit some of the other champions."

"Now you're not guaranteed to be the next champion," Sam pointed out, "You still gotta be accepted first."

Alice nodded, "Right. Anyway, Viktor, how do you like being a champion? All the fame, the ability to show off your skills, and to meet so many...unique characters..."
Viktor looked between them as they introduced themselves, though at the mention of Alice being a prospective Champion he couldn't help but let out a small incredulous snort. Although he was quick to attempt to redeem his rather uncalled for attitude.

"I apologize for my none too friendly gesture just now. I was merely unprepared to hear such a bold statement from.....someone like yourself, Alice. I mean no disrespect, really. If you wish to become a Champion then I should not mind and to that end wish you luck so that you may become one of my most formidable peers."

The questions she asked were met with what seemed to be uncertainty, as Viktor folded his arms across his chest and inclined his head to think about the subject.

"Being a Champion is....well, every one of us has our own personal flavor as a Champion. Some relish in the role that we are granted, finding great joy and endless honor in showcasing our powers and skills on the Fields of Justice. Others despise being involved and forced to fight on the whims of those who reign in the Institute of War. I became a Champion in order to test my inventions against the very best that Valoran had to offer, to isolate and remove any flaws that they may inherently possess. Of course, the League has placed some conditions upon all of us in order to ensure that each individual Champion is capable of holding their own without reaching a ludicrous level beyond the rest. Either way, I am content with the results I have found through my experiences on the Fields of Justice.....Though the League would not allow my to use my devices to their fullest potential on the Fields, as what is seen is merely a sample of what my designs are capable of."

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG2000 View Post
Gaver receives the letter and quickly writes down a reply.
Viktor set to write a response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letter
Gaver,

That should not be too difficult to engineer. I have some experience with tracking and surveillance such that I might be able to design and craft this wonderful device for you. Are there any.....precise details I should be privy to before I begin work on your commission?

- Viktor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Orichan View Post
*Orianna, in all her excitement blasted down a wall of the room with her arm cannons and ran up to Viktor giving him a death hug.*

Viktor. Ori missed you. You went away without telling us. Ori was sad.

((Welcome Back! It wasn't the same without you! ))
Viktor would be surprised if he wasn't already so used to the antics of the mechanical maiden who not only invaded his laboratory but also violated his personal space, though the latter wasn't entirely unwelcome. Finding himself in the unbreakable steel embrace of the Lady of Clockwork, the Machine Herald tried his best to pat the artificial dancer's metal back reassuringly.

"I apologize, Miss Orianna. I had many things to take of, certain personal endeavors to oversee. First of all, as you can see, was ensuring the evolution of my research and development facility here without any significant error."

If only she could see his face now, as he wore the weakest smile he could possibly muster. A smile that was both wary and weary.

Ask Orichan

07-15-2013

Quote:

Viktor would be surprised if he wasn't already so used to the antics of the mechanical maiden who not only invaded his laboratory but also violated his personal space, though the latter wasn't entirely unwelcome. Finding himself in the unbreakable steel embrace of the Lady of Clockwork, the Machine Herald tried his best to pat the artificial dancer's metal back reassuringly.

"I apologize, Miss Orianna. I had many things to take of, certain personal endeavors to oversee. First of all, as you can see, was ensuring the evolution of my research and development facility here without any significant error."

If only she could see his face now, as he wore the weakest smile he could possibly muster. A smile that was both wary and weary.
*Orianna gently set Viktor down and began playing innocent.*
Ori and Ball missed Viktor. Ori recently got a new room because we blew our old one up.
It was so much fun.

*Orianna smiles.*
Will Viktor still play games with Ori and Ball like before?

((really did miss having you around. ))