Best Blitz Build(s)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DspartaN026

11-24-2010

Runes
Masteries
Items in what order
Plz and Ty

Strike Out

11-24-2010

i play ap blitz

runes
magic pen, cdr, hp

masterie
9-0-21

items

Meki Pendant + heal pot + mana pot
Tear of the Goddess
Boots + Amplifying Tome
Soul Stealer
Catalyst the Protector
Rod of Ages
Sorcerer's Shoes
Zonyas
Archangel's Staff
Lich Bane or Deathfire Grasp for tanky teams

important for blitz is mana and mana reg. for ur passiv so hold Archangel's and Rod of Ages

i saw some good Ad Blitz with manamune and banshees + trinity force

u can play him also as tank.

Keziki

11-24-2010

As the above poster has suggested; Ap crank is best crank.

CudgeltheClever

11-24-2010

i go full support blitz
mpen red
dodge yellow
cdr blue
2 hp 1 dodge quint
0/21/9
improved fortify and improved ghost
saphire 2hp pots
boots
catalyst
aegis
roa or banshees depending
then situational

I don't go the normal sheen into whatever route because I believe blitz's damage comes mostly from his skills, and he's more of a utility tank than a damage tank so if you prioritize -cd over ap then you will be doing more damage(in terms of grabs and knockups and ults, not straight burst). If the other team is dps heavy a frozen heart is great on blitz too.

Strike Out

11-24-2010

I got 40% cdr with blue buff and a blue elexir

Asylumseeker

11-25-2010

Am i right in thinking tear of the goddess is pretty much the most important item for AP blitz? builds into AA later for nice AP, but big increase to the mana pool for his passive?

nadzu

11-25-2010

Playing AP Blitz with Garen + 2-3 other mates.
Runes : red - magic pen; yellow - mana regen/lvl; blue - flat cooldown reduc; quints - flat health
Masteries : 9-0-21
Invoc spells : exhaust/ghost
Items :
- doran rings + health pot
- boots of speed + sheen
- sorcerer boots + nashor
then sell doran and go for zonia, rylai, void and up sheen to lichbane.
Can't say if it's work, generally games are done when i got zonia.
http://leaguecraft.com/builder/Blitz...3b3f58b04ad29b

godhunter1053

11-25-2010

Think of building Blitz this way: What does your team need? Does you're team have an initiator? A character to shut down their carry? Too much magic damage? A plethera of physical? Are they trying to be bursty/aoe, or single target destruction?

The thing that is amazing about blitz, is the only thing he needs is a bit of health and mana, and you can have some effect. APcrank has some solid burst, and in a long teamfight with some CDR can easily get his ult off twice, plus you'll probably have a lichbane or at least sheen, so you'll actually have shocking single target damage. Deepscrank is surprisingly good at shutting down the other carry (not malphite or grag levels, but with a yomuu's and manamune you can stick on their carry and make their life hell). Tankcrank is a bit lackluster I think, as getting mana will be as effective as tank items, and will improve your dps, but if you're team needs someone to sit in their team, its not a bad call.

The keys to an offensive Crank (tank is pretty basic) is to grab a mana item, maybe two. Manamune and triforce/yomuu's is rather fun on him, and either a ROA or archangels (or both if you have that much gold), will give him a shocking amount of survivability. The key though is gold. As blitz you're going to be in a duo lane, and the way I play him is more of zoning and harass with grabs and whatnot. I let my partner get most of the last hits, as to be an effective blitz all you need to do is hit a grab. Ult farming isn't as effective in a non-ap build, it won't give you an entire wave without some ap, and unless you're getting a lot of kills, or focused more on farm/last hitting than grabbing, you will probably find yourself gold starved.

But that is all extra, the builds from above posters are pretty much solid and what you want. Early game a mana crystal and a health pot will let you grab pretty regularly if you're not spamming too much, and becomes an early catalyst or tear, which is awesome. Boots 5 are ideal if you're the initiator, as they let you have some solid MS, and combined with you're w, you can really punish people for overextending, but probably aren't the best every game choice. Then RoA or Manamune followed by either a phage and sheen/brut to tri/ghostblade (ad) or zring/Abyssal and sheen/DFG/shroud (ap).

It all comes down to how you want to play and what your team needs, but until you're comfortable with crank, going AP will probably give you the best results, especially for the big AOE damage.

KylianYo

11-25-2010

I like to play a mana tank ap blitz who focuses on early game ganking. Level one take fist and try to get fb with a garen or shen. At level two let them take a bit of solo and go gank a lane. If you took tp then it makes ganking a lot easier. Then just keep ganking - I've had successful games where my kill / assists were higher than my creep kills lol.

If the game goes over 30 minutes then refocus on farming for a bit and use your ult to take out creeps in a single cast.

My runes are a bit lacking as I'm still newish to the game. Mpen reds, dodge yellow, ap per level blues. My first item is always a tear and then get boots and a sheen after. For boots I usually take mobility - getting to a lane for a gank is so much easier with +5 boots.

Then archangel, lichbane, and if the game is still going a zonyas or more tanky items.

If you are really owning with your ganks, consider a mejais.

zAPPzAPP

11-25-2010

One thing I've seen last week and that really made sense:

Blitz with Clairvoyance.

Grab them out of those brushes. Over walls. From Dragon. Why did I never think of it?