Good hybrid Ezreal build?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IceHound

06-27-2013

Hm kinda bored so I've been wanting to try out some hybrid builds, anyone got any good hybrid Ez's builds?

IceHound

06-27-2013

bump

Better Ban Sona

06-27-2013

Sword of the Occult, Mejais Soulstealer, Leviathan, Trinity Force, Tiamat, Boots of your choice.

Man I miss that build...

Zzphantom

06-27-2013

Muramana > Gunblade/Triforce is as hybrid as you should ever go.

If you're playing Ez in the adc style, then build other stuff. If you're playing Ez like a mage? Well screw the muramana and TF/GB, and build a deathcap.

I'm not pro or anything, but I've played league long enough to know that hybrid builds are always inferior to straight builds in either direction.

IceHound

06-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zzphantom View Post
Muramana > Gunblade/Triforce is as hybrid as you should ever go.

If you're playing Ez in the adc style, then build other stuff. If you're playing Ez like a mage? Well screw the muramana and TF/GB, and build a deathcap.

I'm not pro or anything, but I've played league long enough to know that hybrid builds are always inferior to straight builds in either direction.
Idk hybrid TF is pretty legit but I'd prob never take it into competitive play unless I tested it alot.

Hippoguy

06-27-2013

Everything when building hybrid ez is situational. Gunblade is good often, shiv is good, void staff, gauntlet, lich bane, muramana/seraphs, cdr boots/sorcerers boots, bloodthirster, blade of the ruined king.

I've done gunblade bloodthirster, deathcap, lich bane, void staff, cdr boots and i've compensated for the lack of attack speed by fully using my passive. was okay, but with the recent nerfs to ap ez hes a lot harder to play with a heavy ap build.

Raikanishu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-07-2013

It's really sad, that this character who has ...
-3 Magic Damge abilities
-An ADC Passive
-quite Hybrid Spell: Mystic Shot (Adc: Crits, Hybrid: Trinity, Ap: Lichbane).
... has recommended Adc items...

So I tried to play him as hybrid sometimes, only tried...

Well let's bring up some builds just for the sake of trying and testing
To make it easier here are a bunch of Hybrid items:
##Best:
Trinity Force (Neutral bonus damage, more towards Adc)
Guinsos Blade (Very Hybrid)
Hextech Gunblade (Very Hybrid)
##Maybe:
Nashor's Tooth (Ap + Attackspeed, Attackspeed helps with being hybrid)
##ADC - but supports sustained damage:
Manamune
Frostmallet
##By the way: You can build a hybrid [Manamune + Seraph's Embrace] 2000 Bonus Mana.
Manamune
Seraph's Embrace

Brainstorm Build:

##Core items
Boots (Which?)
Trinity Force (Maybe get Zeal little later, or you need the movement speed)
Hextech Gunblade
Guinsoos Blade
-Well of course situationals like some MR
##Situational: (team needs more Adc, or AP)
Adc: Manamune
Adc: Frost Mallet
# or
AP: Nashor's Tooth
AP: Frost Mallet
# or
Funny Build: Mana mune
Funny Build: Serpah's Embrace

Well, as you said, it's situational. And that's the strength of a hybrid. He can Burst and also Sustain.
-If you say play him as Adc, then I say, why not play a real Adc then? For Instance Sivir or Miss Fortune. Those have spells that actually do alot of damage based on your Damage.
-Then again I don't want to deny that he is a viable adc
-if you say play him as Ap, then I say, why not play someone that only uses Spells based on AP and a non-adc-passive.
-so I really want to find something atleast half hybrid?

Let's play around, Do you have a good build? Please without all the abbreviations. Not so much fun to look up everything

PirSultanAbdal

08-04-2013

Ezreal's 3 abilities deals magic damage. Therefore magic penetration works on Ezreal in every aspect. Whether you go Attack Damage or Ability Power ezreal or Hybrid ezreal.

I once tried an Ezreal build that including Hybrid Marks and Quintessences. Rest of them are common runes. Health per level SEALS or flat armor SEALS. Glyphs are always magic resist per level. (Early game, magic damage is not a big deal since you will not face with any Mage or something most likely.)

In early levels, champions like Leona, Blitzcrank can deal huge magic damage if their players choose to maximize damage abilities over utility first. So flat magic resist is only situational.

In Masteries, i went 21/0/9 to increase my utility first time. But it didn't workout well. So i changed it into 21/9/0.

Critical strike is not a big deal if you are playing Ezreal. If you want to go traditional build, and have IE, then it makes difference ofc. But i don't play crit/as ezreal, since you have many combo abilities to deal damage inbetween autoattacks.

Ionian Boots of Lucidity is good, but, if you don't have sustain enough, if you keep facing with mana issues, then go for another choice. I never buy those cheap AS Boots. But if your turrets are in trouble and you want to go for homeguard Ench. you gonna need a tier 2 boots. Therefore you can buy it. But i suggest you to look other alternatives.

I tried this build first: Sorcerer's Shoes + BT + Muramana + TriForce + GA + Gunblade

Spellvamp worked great for Ezreal. But i felt like a mage more than ADC. So my teammates raged at first ofc. The most important thing is managing Mana. I asked to my jungler to give blue buff around mid game. I was lucky for our mid lane was a manaless champion. So i took it, had no mana problem.

Second game, i tried it on a normal game, but i sensed i was falling off as the game lengthen.

So i changed my build into this immediately: Ionian Boots of Lucidity + TriForce + GA + Last Whisper + Liandry's Torment + Spirit of the Elder Lizard.

Ofc GA + Last Whisper were my last items.

However i don't recommend you to build Ezreal like this unless you are rich or get fed. It is absolutely expensive and almost impossible to complete.

I wanted to point out something before finished: BotRK works on Ezreal's Mystic shot, for it's an on-hit ability. Also Liandry's Torment works like charm at the same time. But like i said, it is quite expensive.

Spellvamp works great like i said. But if you want me to tell the truth, i wouldn't spare my money on spellvamp just for the sake of having it. Sustain is not good enough, compared to lifesteal. And again, spellvamp only works with abilities. You will most likely find yourself spamming abilities.

In a fantasy build, Void Staff could work like a charm on AD ezreal too. I tried it but it is not necessary you know. How they say? "Niche" if the enemy team builds so much magic resist. But hey! You are ADC, you don't need extra magic penetration. And guess what? It still works in favor of us. Since we have AD and armor penetration too.

But don't build Void staff please. Just don't. ^^

Spirit of the Elder Lizard was good when i tried out. It is still good but not that much. Riot nerfed this item (and TBH they did it right, because it was OP)

Last thing: If you want to play hybrid ezreal, max your W second, after Q. It gives attack speed buff to allies, and you can harrass opponents behind minions. When jungler comes gank bot, and if gank completes successfully in your favor, you can either push turret or get dragon faster.

Arcane Shift is expensive, high CD and single target nuke. It only damages to nearby opponent, not attacks to where your mouse point is. Most people don't know about that.

RIPGG Cali

03-31-2014

Interesting, Will try this