What do you think?

Yeah it's Great! I would like to see it in League! 6 54.55%
It's pretty good, but needs a few tweaks. 5 45.45%
No, I don't like it at all. 0 0%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

(Champion Concept) Basarab, The Child of the Night

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kanacho

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-27-2013

Thread Closed

kanacho

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-27-2013

Thread Closed

flamefox23

06-27-2013

you haven't put out his abilities or stats making it hard to tell wether hes op or not. The item itself give to muchlifesteal at a later level.

kanacho

06-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamefox23 View Post
you haven't put out his abilities or stats making it hard to tell wether hes op or not. The item itself give to muchlifesteal at a later level.
Yeah sorry, the league of legends forum was acting up when I was making this thread, but I finished it up now. And yeah, I agree I reduced the life steal value by quite a bit, so it isn't more broken than a blood thirster, and is focused on providing unique benefits rather than being basically the same item.

xFluidz

06-29-2013

Basarab, the Stacking Vampire ! Great champ idea here but he seems like an assassin style wannabe Aatrox although I like the fact of a rival to Vlad and a unique item for him. Looking forward for I Riot reply on this one and from my perception, the name isn't that much appealing... maybe Dante, Lucius, Solomon or Enoch?

kanacho

06-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by xFluidz View Post
Basarab, the Stacking Vampire ! Great champ idea here but he seems like an assassin style wannabe Aatrox although I like the fact of a rival to Vlad and a unique item for him. Looking forward for I Riot reply on this one and from my perception, the name isn't that much appealing... maybe Dante, Lucius, Solomon or Enoch?
I used Basarab as the name since the person who supposedly killed Vlad the Impaler (the guy Dracula is based off of, and where Vlad's name came from) was named Basarab. It's a small detail, that is supposed to suggest he is the Nemesis of Vlad.

SephirothWontDie

06-29-2013

passive: Im very skeptical about new resources. some of them just diont make any sense, but I will come back to this after I read everything else.

q: seems like it does too much in exchange for a great reward. its really a nice ability, and I like it, but it just feels like too much.

w: this also seems to do a lot. idk, it just seems weird. plus, having 2 multi-activate abilities with 3 activates on each? hm.... seems like a lot of stuff to keep up with. essentially, you've already got 6 abilities you need to keep up with, and then your other 2.

e: weird scaling. 30/28/26/24/22 seems more appropriate for the scaling, but if your intent on 20 being the end result, 28/26/24/22/20 will work just as well.

r: nice steroid, makes sense.

return to passive: his abilities hardly call for a unique resource system. his spells could easily just cost him health with his ult reducing the health costs in half in addition to the steroid.

item: hm, a nice item, but really? a new resource system, 2 multi-activate abilities, and a new item? I feel like you have way too much stuff tagged onto this guy to makes him playable. theres so much complicated stuff to keep track of. activating your abilities to their fullest extent, keeping stacks on your item, keeping your new resource filled, refilling a second resource.

overall: I like the concept you were going for, but there is just too much stuff tagged to this guy to make me want to play him. :\

kanacho

06-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SephirothWontDie View Post
passive: Im very skeptical about new resources. some of them just diont make any sense, but I will come back to this after I read everything else.

q: seems like it does too much in exchange for a great reward. its really a nice ability, and I like it, but it just feels like too much.

w: this also seems to do a lot. idk, it just seems weird. plus, having 2 multi-activate abilities with 3 activates on each? hm.... seems like a lot of stuff to keep up with. essentially, you've already got 6 abilities you need to keep up with, and then your other 2.

e: weird scaling. 30/28/26/24/22 seems more appropriate for the scaling, but if your intent on 20 being the end result, 28/26/24/22/20 will work just as well.

r: nice steroid, makes sense.

return to passive: his abilities hardly call for a unique resource system. his spells could easily just cost him health with his ult reducing the health costs in half in addition to the steroid.

item: hm, a nice item, but really? a new resource system, 2 multi-activate abilities, and a new item? I feel like you have way too much stuff tagged onto this guy to makes him playable. theres so much complicated stuff to keep track of. activating your abilities to their fullest extent, keeping stacks on your item, keeping your new resource filled, refilling a second resource.

overall: I like the concept you were going for, but there is just too much stuff tagged to this guy to make me want to play him. :\
Thx for the review. Yeah I think the additional resource was kind of useless, but I didn't want him to just be a rehash of Aatrox... I made all of his abilities cost life now, and he is more of an assassin champion than Aatrox is, so he's probably a combination between him and Eve. On the front of his Q and W. They are both multi-activation, yes, but they are supposed to be used in conjunction, for example, Dash, Q, Dash, Q, Dash, Q. This will make Basarab's passive the most effective as it will give each of his Q activations (as the Q adds a stack before dealing the damage) 2 stacks of his Vampiric Hunger, dealing the optimum damage. His Q however, is his only damage source other than auto attacking as you have seen, so with a very short evasive dash (prob. as long as vayne's roll) this will help him move around an enemy and avoid point blank snares and such.

Palamedei

Recruiter

06-30-2013

I like the Idea, I think with all the life steal he could be pretty OP, but some game testing and nerfing could prevent that. At least I might get a penta.

kanacho

06-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palamedei View Post
I like the Idea, I think with all the life steal he could be pretty OP, but some game testing and nerfing could prevent that. At least I might get a penta.
Yeah, I'm trying to keep him as balanced as possible. As you could probably tell, he has no form of CC since he is more of an ambush champ who is supposed to take risks. He has quite a few things that weigh him down and stop him from getting out of control such as his passive resetting upon death, his lack of any CC, and all of his abilities costing hp (2 of which are % based so scale into late game). So, the life steal is compensated by the fact that these negative aspects are incorporated. However, since he is a good jungle, the no CC won't matter as his stealth will allow him to get in close for ganks and deal some carnage with such a high damage output that is the result of 2 champions or more. It shouldn't be a problem given the right scenarios, but if he does in fact get fed, then it's the enemy team's fault for doing so and they should suffer the repercussions for this. He's very good at taking down champs like Vlad (him specifically really, as that's who he is designed to be good against as seen in the lore). His passive does true damage based on max life, and combined with his healing reduction from bloodlet this will shred vlad's HP quickly while also giving a significant reduction to his healing effects temporarily. He is also good against champs like vayne, eve, rengar, khaz, etc... since his ult gives him momentary stealth reveal on nearby champions. It's quite helpful in team fights or tracking down enemies.