Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

"Chill out, it's only ARAM"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ndclub

06-30-2013

This logic can continue nearly indefinitely:

Chill out its only aram

Chill out its only normal summoners rift

Chill out its only ranked, just a video game anyways

Everyone has to draw a line somewhere and if your do not feel like taking responsibility for any actions, maybe a team game, where your actions affect others, is not for you. If what the person is asking you to do is logical and without rage, just hear them out and let them know if and how you disagree. Telling me don't take it seriously means you have the maturity of an 8 year old.

The Scyphozoa

06-30-2013

Quote:
ndclub:
Everyone has to draw a line somewhere

Exactly. I choose to draw the line between ARAM and everything else.

It's ridiculous to take ARAM seriously when the champions aren't balanced around ARAM. It's ridiculous to be mad at someone for "not taking ARAM seriously" when all 10 of you went into the queue knowing you might get a free champion that you've never played before.

Quote:
if your do not feel like taking responsibility for any actions, maybe a team game, where your actions affect others, is not for you.

If you feel like caring whether you win, maybe a game mode where so little is actually under your control isn't for you. However, if I don't feel like taking responsibility for my actions, ARAM is for me. That is why I play ARAM.

And I'm surprised to see you insult our maturity level in this matter, since we're not the ones who have to have everything our way. You taking the game seriously isn't ruining my fun. It's just makes chat into a minor annoyance. But it does make you look demanding, and like your first instinct is to try to impose your will on others instead of the much easier and more polite route of going to a game mode where people are more likely to agree with you in the first place.

ndclub

06-30-2013

Notice how I did not say those who do not want to take it seriously lack maturity but if "don't take it seriously" is the only response you have to several players requests, then I think maturity is now in question.

By all means, you have my permission to insult anyone raging at you to play a certain way in aram. But if logical requests are immediately shut down with that nonsense phrase, you know my stance on the matter.

I also believe that you are overstating how much in aram is out of one's control. Yes there are random picks and a team of all pokes vs zero pokes is pretty sealed. However you have two rerolls and lots of creativity and skill to set your own destiny. 10 individual unbalanced factors when combined are more balanced than you may think. However this is all secondary, just have a better reason for ignoring requests than the middle finger is all.

The Scyphozoa

06-30-2013

I don't see "chill out it's only ARAM" as a middle finger. It's just shorter than typing out all of the reasons I just explained why I can't take ARAM seriously.

Sylvr

07-01-2013

Quote:
xSeCKSx:
I always play to win, but losing in ARAM isn't like losing elsewhere.

The fact that random is in the acronym should say it all. Not only are you with random strangers, but your champions are randomized, further increasing the chance that someone isn't up to speed on their champ. I have yet to play my main once in an aram, and the one time I was about to someone on the enemy side dodged q.

Play to win, but expecting folks to play aram "competitively" is just asking for unneeded stress.

This is my view of the subject. Sure, I go into an ARAM trying to win, but at the same time, I accept that I may lose in champion select. Perhaps the opposing team simply got a better team comp. Suppose 1-5 people on my team rolled champions that they don't know how to play. Suppose 1-5 people on the enemy team rolled their mains.

Sure, all that **** will balance out in the long run where YOU are the one that gets the good team comps, or gets your main, or goes against people who don't know how to play their champs. And sure, at that point, the last remaining variable will be your own skill, and your hidden MMR may actually come to reflect your own skill, but that's a long long way off in this game mode. By the time all of those variables balance themselves out through sheer volume of games, then you probably won't even be getting these "casuals" in your queue anymore anyway.

The mode was meant to be casual and only pseudo-competitive at best.

Now, that's not to say that this is a license to troll your team, and deliberately throw/feed or anything like that, but it's clear to me that the primary goal of ARAM is to have fun. Personally, I would put "Learning new champions" second, and winning third. It's why I rarely re-roll and always accept trades when I'm solo-queueing some ARAM- I want the full Random experience.

cocacolalips

07-01-2013

The point of the thread is vain.

People who mess around with AP Ashe and AP Riven will stay at a low elo and people who play a bit more seriously will raise at a higher elo.

Everyone is happy; the end.

TheMountainGoat

07-01-2013

all i play is aram since it was introduced. i dont give a flying **** what anyone on my team does. if that ho dont want to buy qss she dont gotta buy it, who cares.

KittyPrawn

07-01-2013

Quote:
Flaming Tribble:
the logic is this. people say its just a game, its just for fun. however that is a LIE. if it were just for fun there would be no winning or losing, nor would ARAM keep track of such things. However the game DOES keep track of your wins over losses. Thus, people (like myself as well) play to win, and getting people that don't respect the fact that were playing to win and decide to be jerks, or screw up, think their rambo with their suicide runs or make crappy builds or roll out of good toons or even toons without first asking if there is anyone that wants that toon, is disrepecting the whole rest of the team. GOD (or Riot) gave us AI games for the expressed purpose of doing all the stupid stuff that people pull in ARAM. why people insist on making others suffer for their own kicks is somthing i just don't understand.
ive never reported so many people as i have in ARAM.

You are playing with 4 strangers. What if all 4 strangers think that it is a for funsies game to try something out? Should you then be forced to respect their wish, or should everyone still have to respect how you want to play?

At the end of the day, people enter ARAM with different desires and different cares for the outcome. You can either poll people in the champ lobby to get an idea of the feel of the game, or relax with the entitlement that people are disrespecting you because they aren't playing like you.

savethequeens

07-01-2013

If people asked me nicely,i'll do it.

If people like EZ used bad tone at me,i'll say "chill out" and FEED.

Polartauren

07-01-2013

I only play aram too, I take it seriously and play to win. But that doesn't mean I would rage at people that trolls, after all it's aram some game I'll stomp people to surrender and some game will get shut down so hard.