Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

"Chill out, it's only ARAM"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A2ZOMG

09-03-2014

Quote:
Snido:
Playing nonstandard builds is half the fun of ARAM. The other half is supposed to be where *******s don't spend all game telling you how to play your champ, lane, etc. Yea winning is fun, but playing in a stress free environment where you can fool around with builds and just generally have a good time is funner.

As a rule: Don't try to force people to play meta builds or play how you want them to play, and they probably won't have the opportunity to say "Chill out, its only ARAM"
ARAM also happens to be by far the worst environment for testing a nonstandard build, simply because it's the mode that demands the highest efficient use of gold for winning given it's the ONE mode where you are constantly grouped with your team. Trying a non-standard build without considering what it actually does for you in ARAM is the quickest way to lose the game really fast and not actually experience anything useful from your build.

This isn't to say "non-standard" builds don't work in ARAM. The point of ARAM is to THINK ON YOUR FEET and BUILD WHAT YOUR TEAM NEEDS. Some of the better champions in ARAM are in fact the ones that have multiple viable build options for adapting to the situation.

In general, I hate people that say "it's just ARAM" when FUNDAMENTALLY, EVERYONE HAS MORE FUN WINNING. Anyone who tries to deny that is a liar or shouldn't be playing games.

Melissa Juice

09-18-2014

He was right. You were wrong.

Stop ruining the game by being an *******. Relax and have fun.

BuildPolice

09-27-2014

Quote:
Melissa Juice:
He was right. You were wrong.

Stop ruining the game by being an *******. Relax and have fun.

Being steam rolled 4 towers to 0 because your only AD carry went AP trist, your poke went AD nidalee, and annie built a tear of the goddess and no boots and still hasn't upgraded to archangels makes it really hard to have fun.

Getting aced every team fight because the team doesn't dp anything effectively due to troll building makes it really hard to have fun.

RoundPiplup

09-28-2014

Hopefully one day there will be rank for ARAM, yet I'm not sure how that will go. Yet I remembered those times where people would go and say, "Who cares, it's normal anyways." It kind of annoys me when people don't try, but it's not like if I can really do anything to help them change their mind.

Captain Astora

09-29-2014

I am currently deployed to Afghanistan. While my computer can handle SR on max settings my internet however cannot handle it on the lowest. ARAM and Dominion are the only 2 modes I can play w/o Having too much lag (And I have 340 Base PING in those modes). So yea, I'd love people to take ARAM more seriously so I don't feel like I am being trolled during my game time. Otherwise I troll back and that's never fun for my allies.

Tyliala

09-29-2014

I almost exclusively play ARAM and I CARE about winning. That "chill out" statement almost sounds like an excuse or something for not trying. And it makes you feel like being wrong for caring, but who doesn't want to win?

I ran into a player like this yesterday and we lost for not having a tank (in my opinion, and maybe the support was bad too idk). And what is better, he was the only melee champ in the team who could have built tanky.

JedditeOMG

10-05-2014

^

Jeddite

Recruiter

10-05-2014

^