Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

"Chill out, it's only ARAM"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Boot

06-27-2013

I don't know about you guys, but i'm actually getting sick of hearing this.

Me: Ashe you should really build a qss, that Warwick is ulting you everytime.
Ashe: Chill out brah, its aram, who cares if we lose.

I CARE.

And i'm sure i'm not the only one who cares about winning an aram. I play games to win and winning equals fun, but when people come into a NORMAL queue and think since it's aram they don't have to try or they can build AP ashe, then they are wrong.

Ok.. I'll be honest here. YES a lot of people do come into ARAM to have relief from the stress of SR, whether it be ranked or normals. But if you are like me and I play ARAM like it's SR, then I really don't enjoy people coming in here and afking, or saying that phrase over and over.

Jaite

06-27-2013

Chill out its only Summoner's Rift....

Sperpurber

06-27-2013

http://i.imgur.com/iQ8B0Hs.jpg

Boot

06-27-2013

Quote:
Sperpurber:
http://i.imgur.com/iQ8B0Hs.jpg

Lol .

Snido

06-27-2013

Quote:
Boot:
I don't know about you guys, but i'm actually getting sick of hearing this.

Me: Ashe you should really build a qss, that Warwick is ulting you everytime.
Ashe: Chill out brah, its aram, who cares if we lose.

I CARE.

And i'm sure i'm not the only one who cares about winning an aram. I play games to win and winning equals fun, but when people come into a NORMAL queue and think since it's aram they don't have to try or they can build AP ashe, then they are wrong.

Ok.. I'll be honest here. YES a lot of people do come into ARAM to have relief from the stress of SR, whether it be ranked or normals. But if you are like me and I play ARAM like it's SR, then I really don't enjoy people coming in here and afking, or saying that phrase over and over.

Playing nonstandard builds is half the fun of ARAM. The other half is supposed to be where *******s don't spend all game telling you how to play your champ, lane, etc. Yea winning is fun, but playing in a stress free environment where you can fool around with builds and just generally have a good time is funner.

As a rule: Don't try to force people to play meta builds or play how you want them to play, and they probably won't have the opportunity to say "Chill out, its only ARAM"

FearOfTheFlesh

Recruiter

06-27-2013

The entire point of ARAM is to not care, and enjoy the game with a random champion and nonstandard builds.

If you try hard in ARAMs that is pathetic, and no different than those high elo players who make smurfs to crush new players or intentionally lose 50+ games to face really bad elo players to crush them.

You want a challenge? Play ranked. You want to have fun and mess around play ARAM or normals.

You want to practise for ranked while still trying hard? Play draft pick normals.

Sorry but ARAM is not a competitive game type because there is no official ranked ladder for it, and neither is dominion. Until that happens you are only ruining the game experience for other players with your tryharding and telling them what to build and should be reported for ruining that gaming experience of 9 other players.

Now all this said, if you actually want to still try in ARAM that's fine, but don't be the dude who tells others what to build or what to do, because no one likes that person.

Boot

06-27-2013

Quote:
FearOfTheFlesh:
The entire point of ARAM is to not care, and enjoy the game with a random champion and nonstandard builds.

If you try hard in ARAMs that is pathetic, and no different than those high elo players who make smurfs to crush new players or intentionally lose 50+ games to face really bad elo players to crush them.

You want a challenge? Play ranked. You want to have fun and mess around play ARAM or normals.

You want to practise for ranked while still trying hard? Play draft pick normals.

Sorry but ARAM is not a competitive game type because there is no official ranked ladder for it, and neither is dominion. Until that happens you are only ruining the game experience for other players with your tryharding and telling them what to build and should be reported for ruining that gaming experience of 9 other players.

Now all this said, if you actually want to still try in ARAM that's fine, but don't be the dude who tells others what to build or what to do, because no one likes that person.

Ok who set the rules that state "no one shall try in ARAM because its not ranked"?

Theres obviously none. If there was a ranked ARAM, I would play it everyday because most people take it seriously. This is a COMPETITIVE game, therefore a lot of people "tryhard" to win games. If you can't take that, go to a different game. If i'm honestly ruining a players experience in ARAM because I want them to take the game seriously, then thats wrong lol. Also, i'm not forcing anyone to build anything. I make suggestions, and if people fail to listen to me and end up doing bad, then maybe next time they will consider it. Most people I ask to do something in ARAM ignore me and say "Chill, its ARAM, I can do whatever." No matter what, in a PVP oriented game, you cannot escape the people who play the game to win, period.

Darkseid3r

06-27-2013

Gotta agree with Boot. ARAM is competitive. But for me i like to play for fun. Personaly ive never come across this problem. And dying is kinda essential i aram. You know... so you can build.

Hinagiku

06-27-2013

Same issue has existed on dominion, and that mode isn't even random. (Or pseudo random due to ARAM smurfs)

AAARRRRGGGGGHHHH

06-28-2013

relax it's just aram