Mac Crashes entirely during Game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RedDemption

09-21-2013

Hi I've been wondering if this is a problem for anyone else but my mac has been crashing without fail every game around the 20 minute mark and when it does my screen goes black, the computer is essentially frozen and you can hear a faint sound of the last 2 seconds or so of audio that was playing repeating over and over again. When this happens there is not much to do except to just force shut down and restart. It used to occur only once every few games but now it happens quite literally every single game. I tried to reinstall already as well as using the repair function of LoL but nothing works. I even tried to go on my bootcamp side to try to play it but the same thing happens. Everything else works fine and never crashes when im watching a stream or browsing the internet. It's only happening when I go on LoL.

I'm using a Macbook pro (Mac OS X) version 10.6.8. If there is any more info that may be needed please try to be specific what is needed and if possible how to access it. Also, sorry if this may not be in the correct thread.

theguyuknew

09-28-2013

Riot plz address this i am having the same issue

theguyuknew

09-28-2013

If you cant fix it at least let me know why i have to turn off my mac in order to exit lol when it crashes

acrid56

10-01-2013

1) don't play in full screen
2) open the force shutdown menu:
If you don't know the combo, click on the apple, says it next to force quit,
and quit lol from there.

Brent Corrigan

10-06-2013

Exact same problem here as OP described. I would greatly appreciate Riot's help. My Mac has started crashing in-game during the 20 or so mark, and I hear repeated audio very much like a broken record. Only way out is to force shut down my computer by holding down the power button. The problem started about two weeks ago for me. I am also using a MacBook Pro OS X 10.6.8.

PLEASE HELP US RIOT ---- I am sure I am getting TONS of AFK reports because I keep crashing and take forever to get back in.

Thank you.

dudeguypants

10-19-2013

Same here. macbook pro 10.8.4.

can you please fix this?

Invent

10-19-2013

please fix before i was just lagging out and getting bugs plat now im getting this. please fix

sina lottapuss

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2013

same problem. my crashed exactly at the 1:30 mark in game.

Datael

11-14-2013

Having similar issues here... Ever since the update for the gangplank skin came out the game crashes within 30s of joining a game. I've since been warned for leaving games. Really gets my back up when it's because of the game crashing since an update that these warnings come in...

Edit: Running an old-ish Mac Mini (newer white model) on 10.9, 2GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, replaced HDD with an SSD. Had no problems running the game at all until I downloaded the latest update.

JamesConnrad

02-23-2014

2014 and I'm still having this problem. I started having it when the patch after Yasuo came out. Had to reinstall the operating system twice.
Processor 2 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB
Software OS X 10.8.5 (12F45)