Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

LoL client and Windows 8.1

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Perronie

11-19-2013

I had the same issue with windows 8.1, just run it as administrator (right clik on the lol icon and run as administrator).

Buddhas Soul

12-09-2013

I upgraded to windows 8.1 and now none of my game clients will open. When I turn my computer on I keep getting the same error every time. I have tried reverting back to Windows 8 and because not only games but a lot of programs refuse to open, no error or anything they just do nothing when clicked on, I can't do much of anything. If anyone has any advice would love to hear it.

Bizzler Mid

12-12-2013

SOLUTION:

If the above does not work.........

For those running decent machines (8gbram+)

TRY THIS.....

Move the mouse to the top right, go to PC INFO.

Access Advanced Settings,

DISABLE page file.

It has worked for me for 48 hours+

Best of luck summoners......

beastlymagicman

02-12-2014

OK so i have windows 8.1 and when i try to start league the title comes up and stays there the updater doesn't even appear and i cant even close it out i have to shut don computer to close it can someone help me

hellhound737

02-14-2014

Cant access league of legends help me plz

IS1e7a5c72bcfc3b3eb947c

02-19-2014

But everytime I launch the installer it says that it cannot install because adBitmapW.DLL is missing from my computer. I have Windows 8.1 unfortunately.

shadescape

Recruiter

03-03-2014

i just ran a trouble shooter on it and it fixed the problem for me

TAK EN JI

03-03-2014

I've found a solution, Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete, open up your Task Manager. If you see "Pando Media Booster", end that program and try opening up League. If that's not the case then only advice I'd give you is Restarting your computer and or run in Administer mode.

Zeyron

04-25-2014

Right click on the desktop icon, and run as administrator, that worked for me.

YokoFuhr

05-18-2014

Quote:
Perronie:
I had the same issue with windows 8.1, just run it as administrator (right clik on the lol icon and run as administrator).

worked for me
thank you!