Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

LoL client and Windows 8.1

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fischman12

Recruiter

06-29-2013

There is a bug with the NVIDIA graphics cards not getting auto updated. I got mine to work after I downloaded them from this link. Hopefully that helps

http://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2013/06/26/nvidia-drivers-for-windows-8-1-release-preview-now-available-2/

Mkaa00x

07-04-2013

Quote:
Chorusboy:
I am still crashing on launch of the game client (not the launcher). Once the logo comes up and it appears that it will be going to the summoner loading screen, the game crashes.

Same problem, the bug splat shows up and leaves... awks =.=

Sweet Dank Kush

07-04-2013

Quote:
Chorusboy:
I am still crashing on launch of the game client (not the launcher). Once the logo comes up and it appears that it will be going to the summoner loading screen, the game crashes.

I have the same problem, I try'd everything on this thread that said it would fix it but it still doesnt work D:

J M4C

10-18-2013

Dear League Community,
I am also having the same issues as well since I've update to 8.1, this is most likely due to a compatibility issue. What most people are unaware of, is that windows has actually updated the kernel of their OS in this "patch", which means technically you could consider it a whole new operating system. Most likely, we will have to wait for Riot to realize this and make a build compatible with Windows 8.1.

Sincerely,
J M4C

P.S. WHY THE HELL CAN'T I GET OUT OF BRONZE

Luxious

10-18-2013

If any of the prior posts do not prevail
You can give one of the methods in here an attempt and hopefully resolve your issue
LoL Launcher Fix (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3856920)

Valkary

10-19-2013

I tried everything but the game still crashed

mavasan

10-21-2013

Dear, Riot!
Same for me with game crash after hero picking - right after logo popped up.
plzzz SOLVE!

Jack Badgerbane

Recruiter

11-06-2013

How I solved my issue was to right click the icon and then clicked 'Troubleshoot Compatibility'. Then went through the steps to revert it back to running on windows 8.

Hope this helps

Lot

11-06-2013

I personally upgraded my Nvidia drivers and waited half an hour and all has worked. I recommend you update any drivers that aren't up to date.

Good luck,
Made

Lord Of Agony

11-07-2013

Well, I tried changing the compatibility in both the regular league icon and the administrator icon and neither of them worked Q.Q still just getting a black box that instantly closes itself