Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Talon advice

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nyareth

06-26-2013

I have just recently bought talon, and i freaken love his playstyle! His abilities to roam, his ability to 100%-0% someone after getting a full combo off on someone, what are some of the things i SHOULDN'T do as talon? One trouble I've been having is CS during lane phase, killing people has not been a problem. Also am I building him correctly? Tiamat>>>Hydra, Mobility Boots, Black Cleaver, Last whisper, Blade of The Ruined King or Blood Thirster(or both), warmogs or GA is the end game build i go for.

TSM Sharkeisha

06-26-2013

Rush black cleaver, and pick up a vamperic scepter, mobi's, blood thirster, last whisperer, frozen mallet.

OoKShoToO

06-26-2013

this is useful

al1313

06-26-2013

Generally on talon I would suggest rushing brutalizer into BT while picking up boots at some point depending on how shop timing works out. I feel that tiamat-> hydra is a bit of a trap on talon because you already have sufficient waveclear with w and should never be in a sustained fight long enough to make use of the aoe autoattacks/aoe lifesteal. His ratios are very high and the extra AD on a stacked BT far outshine the active on hydra. The playstyle is probably the most extreme version of in and out fighting from any champion in the game (kha'zix and akali being the only one's close). As such, you spend most of your time prioritizing a target, taking them out, escaping while laying down strong aoe on the rest of the team with w and r and circling to jump back in when e is off cd.
Lw and BC are both good to get next, the order is mostly up to you based on how much armor they are building at different points in the game. GA is ok defensively but randuins is my top choice (keeps adc from bursting you down too fast and lets you drop an aoe slow to keep them in both hits from your ult)
Boots is mostly a personal preference but I find Merc treads to be my boots of choice in about 80% of games on talon simply because you will eventually get cced and hit with aoe magic damage when you jump into a fight, and the sooner you can silence/ult the more likely you are to take out a target and survive to jump back in when cds come up. Mobility is ok for rushing bot, but if your team has decent pink ward coverage around dragon/tri, you can usually get into a fight by ulting into a cutthroat for the extra ms without having to bypass the tenacity/mr from Mercs.
I've played talon quite a bit in season 2 and I'll pick him whenever I have a decent chance to counterpick mid (he's great against a first pick tf). Hopefully this helps, he's a fun champ and from what I've seen he's unfortunately very underplayed.

ULTIMATE TERRA12

06-26-2013

if your playing talon top lane just end the thread right now. but if your smart and play talon mid lane, how cant you cs, if you can successfuly kill the enemy champion like you claim you are doing just sit in lane while they're respawning and cs, use your q if you have to and if your jungler is generous and shares blue spam w, EASY!

Dr Tutti Fruitti

06-26-2013

Talon is an ad nuker, not anything else. Zed is a dps burst hybrid. Youre building talon like zed, which is right and wrong.

Your core items are:
1: boots > moobs
2: blood thrister
3: brutiliser > black cleaver

A finished GOOD burst heavy build is:
1:Moobs
2: Hydra
3: BT
4: Black cleaver
5: Last whisper
6: Yomi ghostblade < EXTREMELY important item.

yomi/ yomuu gb > blade of the ruined king on talon. Even with the active proc GB is still more gold efficient than BoTrk and the effective cost for the stats is 700 gold cheaper which is pretty big. The MAIN difference is the flat ArP is yields you AND the CDR which are EXTREMELY important on talon, especially mid/ late game. mid-late talons ult with yomu will be coming up for around 24 seconds, with botrk is will come up around 30-35 seconds. it also puts his blink on a 6 second cd, which is huge for escapes. the crit chance is an added bonus, and also yields higher ad scaling on ALL your abilites whereas botrk only benefits his auto attacks (q doesnt proc botrk dmg procs over it).

the main bonus is when you use both the active of the hydra and ghostblade, after you blink to them with e, and completely 100-0 their fed adc, the active on yomis gives you 40% movespeed ONTOP of your moobs (which i like to add alcratcity to for extra ms) you will blink into a fight and walk out so fast most people on the enemy team wont catch you since you will be close to 500ms. and for those obnoxious kiting fights which can last up to a minute, your ult will be back within 30 seconds - note their carry is still on respawn timer you can go in again and 1 shot their apc then its gg.

but yeah early game you can farm on champions late game your job is to poke is feasible and just 1 shot adc or apc. if you run the 10 ArP late game youll be on 40% ArP and 45 flat ArP. you will be doing almost true damage to adc and apc with zhonyas and will be chunking tanks. for adcs who have common sense and buy a randuins do your full EQAAWAA burst on them and at this point they should be lower than 50%hp then ult them. your ult will have 22% extra damage on EACH proc of the blades, out and in (1268 AD dmg with ult alone @400ad), along with the flat instant 1410 your EQW does (2678). thats not counting the bleed you get 450ad. with percentage dmg mods included if they run from you the grand total dmg at 400ad will be 3407 and thats AOE/ single target mixed.

This is greater than zeds total damage he can do on a single target @400AD but zed does greater over time dmg than talon. but yeah 3407 dmg is a lot and honestly Botrk will only add about 100-150 more dmg to that value instant burst wise

Nyareth

06-26-2013

Thanks for the advice, i like Hydra on talon, even though he has good lane clear once you get your W to around lvl 3 it's nice if you need to be in a team fight and aren't just picking people off to be able to hit more than one person in a fight, i get why you like merc treds because I've noticed cc can be the death of talon but i prefer mobility boots because it just gives me the ability to get around the map and pick people off better and chase for days. So far I've played talon 5 games mid and won all of them...only 1 was a bad laneing phase vs akali they had a mao jungle so that was annoying, the other 4 felt like murder, i killed my lane 1-2 times and then started roaming, and managed to get both top and bot at least once, the last game i played was 28 min, had 151 farm, and went 11/2/12 with, rushing hydra, then LW, then mobo and 2 longswords for brutalizer. I like the yomi item, i'll test it out, unfortunately, i can't play that much anymore because my laptop decided it was a good idea to fry it's battery.

oPimp

07-06-2013

Talon is a glass cannon. Build and play him like one.
I main talon and the first mistake I see you doing is taking hydra first. You need to build him so he continously gains AD in a short period of time. Most people would suggest rushing brutalizer, thats situational. If your enemy builds cloth armor from the very beginning and your struggling, then yes, buy it. But if they dont, buy 2 long swords, skip the brutalizer, and go straight for the B.F sword then into the Bloodthirster. Your damage will spike, alot. Then go for the black cleaver. You can buy boots at this point or wait until after you finish your last whisper, which is what i usually do. Boots of mobility are the most effective on Talon. Again I cannot stress this enough Talon is a glass cannon, build him like one, straight AD, no armor, no health. Nobody said talon was easy to play. After your last whisper build a Infinity edge, you might not like the idea, but the crits you do with this item after completing a Bloodthirster, a black cleaver, and a last whisper are just insanely high. I **** you not I've done a 2K crit with Q using this build. Finally build another bloodthirster for that damage spike, or a trinity force, whichever you prefer.

Oh, and if you want a solution to the "Cloth armor counters Talon" thing.

I start with 22+ AD runes. No armor, no magic resist. Shreds that armor no problem. Just play smart and don't go all in unless you know you can kill them, which is usually at 3/4 health early game if you have all 3 skills and 2 long swords with the 22+ AD runes. Just E > AA > W > Q > AA > Ignite. Easy.

TGxBoo

Recruiter

07-06-2013

I just bought Talon not long ago, definitely trying out some of these builds. As far as CS, make sure you're maxing your W first. Then, as long as your laning opponent is allowing you, get as many minions as you can to about half health, then Rake them all and it should snag you the gold. If not half health a little lower. If they're not, just let the creeps attack each other, they'll usually get a couple low at a time, so Rake and then if your auto attack may not get you the CS then Q.

As far as his combo, how exactly is everyone doing it? Most people seem to naturally E-Q, but I prefer to Rake first for that bonus 10% from his passive. Then, maybe I'm wrong and most rake, I usually see a plain E-Q. Post-6, I've found that when someone would be on the edge of my ult, what works best is to Rake them, Throw out my ult to hit them with a blade or two, then just track them till they're out of the circle. Once they're out, E-Q combo, and it deals MASSIVE burst, because you pop up behind them, every blade hits them in the face as soon as your Q lands.

paxton22

07-06-2013

i have to agree, with talon you should be going all ut damage because once your fullbuild you go in and just yolo them and use ur ult to get out. however, building a double bloodthrister for the insane damage is better than getting a yomumus because late game if your going to be going after the carriers (which is your job) they usually wont be alone so you cant lose precious time auto attacking besides on your full e>aa>w>aa if u can>q>r dead