HD filled up after multiple patch attempts

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GreenwoodNVDA

08-23-2013

Cross-posting this here from the regular Support forum, because maybe it'll get more eyes on it.

This seems like maybe a Mac-only side effect of the "33%" patching issue that everyone's experiencing, but it's become pretty serious for me.

After a couple of attempts at patching, I noticed that my boot volume was completely filling up. I now have zero free space on it (3 or 4 attempts filled up the remaining 6GB I had). I assume all of these swap files would be deleted after a successful update, but since nothing's worked, they have just accumulated.

Where does iLoL store its install swap data so that I can delete it? I'd like to get my space back.

thenicksolo

08-24-2013

Where is that storage being held?
You can use Disk Inventory X or Daisy Disk to locate where that is?
Also download the normal client if you don't mind. iLoL has its own quirks but I would assume isn't supported by Riot.

GreenwoodNVDA

08-27-2013

Sorry, I am using the official Riot Mac client, I thought iLoL was shorthand for it. I'm not about to download another utility to scan my disc, either, I'd just like the answer from CS.

thenicksolo

08-27-2013

No worries, just stick around. Sorry for trying to help.

Vlad Alexa

08-28-2013

LoL extracts the files as it patches to the temp caches folder but there also seems to leave some cruft in the game app itself (i went down from a 6 GB app to 4 GB after downloading a new clean game client and patching it from scratch)

To see where the temp files are run something like "sudo fs_usage -w" in a maximized Terminal window