Can barely start a game before it crashes.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LeftoverJakk

11-23-2010

I've just downloaded the game today, and EVERY time I start a game, be it either of the tutorials or a practice game, it crashes on me. I've updated DirectX 9 and my video card drivers. Within 5 minutes of the game starting, sometimes 1 minute in, sometimes around 3, the screen goes black for a couple seconds, audio continues, then I get a popup that reads "Your graphics card drivers may be outdated. Please update your graphics card drivers. A guide to help you update your drivers should open automatically after closing this window. Or, please visit support.leagueoflegends.com for additional help."

This has happened half a dozen times, and the first five times I also had a message coming from the tray that read "Display driver nvidia windows kernel mode driver version 260.99 stopped responding" and something about successfully recovering. Sorry I don't have the direct quote, it didn't pop up this last time. The game seems like it would be really fun if I could get it to work.

EDIT: Also, if I haven't provided enough information, please tell me what I'm missing.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Flammarion

12-22-2010

I'm having the same problem. I've not played for a while (last time was on this same machine, worked perfectly), and updated my drivers a week or so ago (still totally up to date) and tried to play yesterday and this exact thing happened to me.