Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Can barely start a game before it crashes.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LeftoverJakk

11-23-2010

I've just downloaded the game today, and EVERY time I start a game, be it either of the tutorials or a practice game, it crashes on me. I've updated DirectX 9 and my video card drivers. Within 5 minutes of the game starting, sometimes 1 minute in, sometimes around 3, the screen goes black for a couple seconds, audio continues, then I get a popup that reads "Your graphics card drivers may be outdated. Please update your graphics card drivers. A guide to help you update your drivers should open automatically after closing this window. Or, please visit support.leagueoflegends.com for additional help."

This has happened half a dozen times, and the first five times I also had a message coming from the tray that read "Display driver nvidia windows kernel mode driver version 260.99 stopped responding" and something about successfully recovering. Sorry I don't have the direct quote, it didn't pop up this last time. The game seems like it would be really fun if I could get it to work.

EDIT: Also, if I haven't provided enough information, please tell me what I'm missing.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Flammarion

12-22-2010

I'm having the same problem. I've not played for a while (last time was on this same machine, worked perfectly), and updated my drivers a week or so ago (still totally up to date) and tried to play yesterday and this exact thing happened to me.