Rageblade and Jax

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lord Loldemort

06-25-2013

Just picked up jax recently and was reading a lot of guides and playing a few rounds with him. Why is this item not used more often on Jax? Looks like it has good synergy with his passive and provides stacking AP for use with Empower and Grandmaster's Might.

It is cheaper, and if you keep the groove going (as all good jaxes do) will maintain a higher AP then Gunblade and with the new effect, when you fall below 50% gives you comparable lifesteal/spellvamp.

If I don't get any definitive reasons I'll play with it some tomorrow and report my results to the community... for science!

Cenerae

06-25-2013

It's a good item, but it's got a rampup time and doesn't give much in the way of defence (you'll get a bit of armor and MR during your ult but other than that...).

It's good on Jax for damage, but I think you'd want another source of attack speed first so you can ramp it up in a timely manner, so I wouldn't build it as my first major damage item.

Merxamers

06-25-2013

rageblade is a good item, but i've never really had that much success with it. i've always found it to be more effective to get one of the cutlass items (bork or gunblade) and a triforce, then tanky items. rageblade might be a good choice if

A) you are going for a LOT of damage and you don't need maw of malmortius
B) they are stacking a lot of armor against you

Tim Allen Talon

06-25-2013

it's a mid game item

it turn's jax into a monster during mid game (which isn't bad it will stall your god late game)

but later on it's better to sell it off for a gunblade or some other item