Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Wukong Jungle

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Troll69King

06-23-2013

Hi, I main jungle and was just curious if Wukong is viable. I am in Gold 5, just got my promotion for gold 4. That doesnt matter but I'm just curious if his clear is decent. His ganks look kinda meh untill 6. But his ulti is so strong throughout the game.

If u have any advice please share, aswel as videos of pros using this.

Mobankz

06-23-2013

Im bumping this cause I am also curious about wukong jungle.

Any opinions??

Troll69King

06-24-2013

Quote:
Mobankz:
Im bumping this cause I am also curious about wukong jungle.

Any opinions??

I'm going to post this in General Discussion as it usually gets more attention. I will post as the same name thread if you want opinions

GangstaBlasta

06-24-2013

Jungle Wukong has a few really bad things, but one really good thing. His mana pool sucks for spamming spells, his clearing time sucks, and his cooldowns are a little too high for what little he can do with it. The attack speed is good, but it really isnt incredible. Since they have also been making jungling a little more complicated, and since season two, he has not really been too much better. Although... his ganking potential is pretty good, but at the same time its meh. His invisibility is really good for top lane river ganks, or coming through lane into a bot lane brush, or even going around wraiths for a mid gank, but he really does not bring a whole lot to a gank. His damage is decent for ganks, and with red buff he can proc the slow a few times, but his level 6 ganks are dangerous. Only problem with that is... his clear times suck, so its hard for him to level up as quick as most junglers. Wukong is also very easy to counter jungle and counter gank, due to not having any CC, bad damage, not being able to use his passive for clearing, and a lot more things. Overall, I do not recommend wukong jungle. He is unbelievable good top lane, but jungle is not his thing (ironically so, because he's a monkey)

But I'm always a huge advocate of trying new things, so please do not let my post discourage you from trying it out. Even if you throw a few games the world doesnt stop. Hell, I cant tell you how many games I've "thrown" and actually thrown from experimenting.

Sidsgothem

06-24-2013

a jungler needs a few things to be viable...

one thing is the ability to spam spells which wukong cant...

another ability to clear fast...wukong cant not do this atall terrible sustain when hes taking the blunt dmg early game

he doesnt have any CC until he's actually within AA range of the target...by then its too late

I can imagine you going against nunu jungler you'll lose 4/5 your spawns with your clear time.

powerty92

06-24-2013

I have seen wukong jungle work, but only with an early kill. He seems to be a lot like shaco in that way.. he can get really strong and snowball like crazy or only be there for his cc in team fights. You might as well give him a go, try get fb after getting red (perhaps start there) which will help with clearing and staying above water. I do agree if he gets counter jungled it will be really hard to get anywhere quick, but with an observant team and skill you should do fine (might take a few goes to get him right).

Raidarc

06-24-2013

Wukong jungle works well. Especially with the recent jungle changes. Fast spawn times mean he hits 6 sooner and it's not as if he needs to be 6 to gank either. Is he a top tier jungle? No. He is really damn effective though. There is only one problem with him, he is easily counter jungled. That being said, most are.