Top Tier Mages

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jokull

11-23-2010

So i was looking at elementz tier list ( incoming downvotes) and was trying to get inside his head about why he places certain champs where he does, and since i mostly main mages, i started looking at the 2 pure mages in tier 1, as well as kennen, who frankly i would rank as tier one, but is almost there since hes the top of 2.

random points aside, i was wondering why these 3 mages are so much better than any other mage, what really sets them apart from anyone else, and then it hit me. farming/cc, but mostly farming. lets look at our mages for a sec

annie- free easymode last hit spell for early game, to get allllll the creeps, and then a nice aoe that can hit almost all the creeps in a lane for later in the game.
farms like a boss? check

anivia- difficult early game farming because of her ridiculous autoattack animation and damage, but once she hits 6, every wave more than 3 creeps is dead in 4.3 seconds, and the cash rolls in.
farms like a boss? check

kennen- early game he has free spams that he can use to harass or last hit, and an excellent autoattack to last hit with as well. later, lightning rush plus w active ( and a shuriken if there is a cannon minion) nets you 7 creeps in under 3 seconds, and you can repeat this as much as you want
farms like a boss? check

seriously, i was playing earlier as kennen, doing two inhouses with a competitive team and then later going and doing a ranked 5man with that team, and got anywhere between 200-400 minions per game (counting neutrals) when most people consider 200 a goodly farmed game. 400 minions in a ranked game, hell i didnt even need the kills to max out my build. this is why they are the best casters, not because their spells are by themselves, any more amazing than others (although yeah cc is a great tool for casters since they need a way to keep dps off of them) but because they can farm better than any other caster
yes they were a bit longer, but still, a fully farmed mage that can start buying elixirs is a fully farmed mage that has elixirs, dangerous no matter who you are.

even the support mages, janna and morgana, both have excellent farming tools that can clear an entire wave alone once you have the ap (which you can get from *SURPRISE* farming) this is why they're boss, and tier one.

farming items > ganks for kills/assists
especially since you get more money for one creep wave than you do for an assist

Tinara

11-23-2010

Good job for pointing out the obvious.

Also they provide lots of utility.

jokull

11-23-2010

im trying to point out to all the tryhards that sit in a bush for 3 minutes waiting to gank a side lane, that they could be farming and getting more money for it anyway.

BrioCloud

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokull View Post
im trying to point out to all the tryhards that sit in a bush for 3 minutes waiting to gank a side lane, that they could be farming and getting more money for it anyway.
Lol. Tryhards that sit in a bush for 3 minutes. That is hilarious.

jokull

11-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrioCloud View Post
Lol. Tryhards that sit in a bush for 3 minutes. That is hilarious.
i kid you not, i've seen mid solos in games that go to gank a lane and just wait there to get the chance for a kill while the enemy mid proceeds to rip apart our tower. i cannot stand it

Tinara

11-23-2010

Quote:
Since when does Janna wait in a bush for 3 minutes trying to gank? Janna gets her ass out there and tornado wooshes that fool.

BrioCloud

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-23-2010

Quote:
i kid you not, i've seen mid solos in games that go to gank a lane and just wait there to get the chance for a kill while the enemy mid proceeds to rip apart our tower. i cannot stand it
Hahahahaha. There's like a ward there.

jokull

11-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrioCloud View Post
Hahahahaha. There's like a ward there.
probably yes, but the ganker doesnt realize this, even if we tell him, he's all "wards? what are those? nobody good buys those when you can buy zerk treads!"

Kietsu

11-23-2010

Annie has a gigantic CCsplosion and Anivia has the wall.
That's why.

Zonel

11-23-2010

They both have amazing control as well as burst. Annie has her aoe stun. Kennen stuns everyone in his ult. Anivia has a stun, aoe slow and a wall. Yeah they're really good.