Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Runes, Items and Sivir.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Poki3 tem

Emissary of the League

12-13-2009

So Sivir is my main. I played her a bunch and I kind of know what I can and what I can't do.
I'd like to get some opinions about what runes and items you use (on Sivir) and why.

As far as items go, I start by making a Chalice, and then Ninja Tabi or Mercury, depending on my foes. I used to run Philo Stone, but as time passed I found myself spaming Spiral Blade more and more, to the point that making a Chalice actually made sense.
As for boots, I prefer to have a slight defensive advantage here and an offensive one.

The next item I make, and I think I'm the only one that does this, is a Warmog's Armor. For those that don't remember what it does, it gives health and health regen, and increases with each minion and champion kill. I find that this item coupled with Sivir's farming potential gives me the survivability that Sivir badly needs. Her only defensive options are the Spell Shield, that can block only one thing, and won't help at all when you're assaulted, and your Ultimate. She needs some item to survive.

After that I go with some offensive items, usually a Phantom Dancer for the extra Dodge, move, and attack speed. Stark's is also a good idea.
I've been experimenting with Ageis of the Legion. It's nice, especially since it's aura works on minions, and you'll be finding yourself by their side often. Unfortunately, that's a bit too much defense with the armor, so I ditched it.
Another item I've been experimenting with is Guinsoo's Rageblade (+35 Attack Damage +45 Ability Power Passive: On attack, increases your Attack Speed by 4% and Ability Power by 6. Lasts 5 seconds (stacks up to 8 times).)

Why the Rageblade? Well, I've been experimenting with adding some AP, and this is one of the few physical oriented AP items, and I wanted to try adding some AP for Spiral Blade, but not go all AP (that would be crazy with ONE skill). I've had mixed results... It's better then a Zeal, but worse then a Phantom Dancer and doesn't have any upgrade options. Ultimately I ditched it because of that.

As for runes, I'm level 18 and I don't have any. I'm just planing what I'm going to buy when I hit 20. The only thing I'm 100% sure of, are the Yellow Dodge runes. Assuming Dodge adds and not multiples, I'd have about 25-26% from a full page of those.
Not sure about other runes though. I was thinking about going into +damage/level as far as red runes go. Why that and not criticals? Because of Ricochet. Ricochets don't crit as far as I know, and just feast of pure damage of the first hit. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
No idea about Blue runes (was thinking about Magic Resist for a while...) and Quintessence...

So... discuss?

Cresil

12-13-2009

Starks + Aegis + warmogs on sivir? I really dont see how this could even be remotely competitive against decent players. Guide needs to be organized a lot more aswell. Look at the one i made earlier today.

AmyOverlord

12-13-2009

I just run something from a guide. Lol.

• Boots pf Speed + 2 HP Pots
  • Build into Beserker Greaves
  • Chalice of Harmony
  • Phantom Dancer
  • Black Cleaver
  • Stark's Fervor
  • Then whatever else I feel like using, based on matchups.
:x

Cresil

12-13-2009

That's a pretty bad guide, you should check out mine.

Boots first is a terrible choice because it doesn't help you at all during laning phase. Earlygame on just about every single champion out there you want to build up your mana and health regeneration so you don't have to leave you're lane, especially since the tower's are so weak now a level 6 champion with one creep wave can get it down to 50%.

-Meki pendant + 2 health potions then rush a chalice of harmony, will help you lane a lot better then boots will.

Getting Stark's fervor that late into the game almost ruins the point of it and leaves you starved for health regen the majority of the game.

Please check out my guide and let me know what you think.

http://leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=35862

Poki3 tem

Emissary of the League

12-14-2009

lol, this isn't a guide. I wanted to start a talk and get some opinions on what's the best course of action. Read what I said about Ageis too.

KKamansek

12-14-2009

I like to go Meki / 2 HP Pots
Lane 'til 750 (unless I'm doing very well, then I'll wait til 1750) and get Philo stone
Lane 'til 1000 to get boots of Mobility (prefer these over Swift for chasing/gank positioning)
After that I save up for my Recurve Bow and build it into Stark's, then Zeal for PD.
If I've got PD and for some reason the game is still goin' I'll start building an Infinity Edge.

Generally works out well for me, I find the Meki + correct boomeranging can devastate the early game and even give you a first blood every one in a while. Make sure your enemy is at near-max range so that they get both swipes of the blade more frequently. If I'm up against a Pirate or a Veigar who has a spam ability I'll take an early rank of Shield and goad them into keeping me at FM.

I also mostly run Exhaust/TP. Exhaust is pretty indispensable. On the one hand, you're already moving like a freak with Mo Boots/PD and yer ult to chase runners down, and on the other hand nothing says "Denied" to Yi/Teemo/Twitch/etc like a good blind. TP is good for grabbing the Philo stone without missing a beat, and also switching between a just-pushed and needs-a-push lane to keep the pressure on and the gold rolling in.

My runes are all +crit (I'm at about 10% at lv21), but that's mostly because I'm a crit***** and play mostly physical dps heroes.

Délirium

12-14-2009

With sivir i go:

Meki pendent, +2 health pots. I usually take Spiral Blade ( Boomerang Blade)
Chalice of Harmony
Zerker Greaves
Start Building Starks, i go for the Emblem first, i don't know why.
After starks I usually pick something that gives me damage (Black Cleaver, Infinity Edge)

Uausually by this point the game is over and i have a ton of extra gold because of minion kills and assists/kills from team fights. But, i get the Chalice, Zerkers Greaves and Starks every game.

For runes i went:
Red: Attack Speed (With ricochet this is sweet because you mow down anything in your path)
Yellow: Dodge (self explanatory)
Blue: CD/level (more ults when its needed later in game)
Quint: Attack speed (With richocet this is sweet because you mow down anything in your path)

With this rune configuration i start with close to .8 attack speed, and 7 dodge (but i constantly move around so its really high and often allows me to get more hits in with boomerang blade because enemies are unsure when im going to throw it, as i stop and do nothing a few times to watch them run away. Watching them run away helps me figure out a pattern so i can more easily predict how to throw the spiral blade.)

Swiftstar88

12-14-2009

I find that I never really need Chalice. I start off with Mana Manipulator and upgrade that to Soul Shroud soon after (boots usually before that, though). Soul Shroud gives you plenty of health as well as a mana regen/cooldown reduction aura, which also benefits your allies very well. If I need more life, I'll grab a Warden's Mail or Force of Nature, depending on who my enemies are. After the Soul Shroud, or sometimes before, I grab Stinger for more mana regen and cooldown reduction. With Soul Shroud, Stinger, and whatever I choose to upgrade my boots to (depending on the enemies), I find that my survivability is high enough to work with without overcompensating, and I can then focus on more damage/aura oriented items depending on whether my team needs another support or damage dealer, which I can decide after the first three items. I still believe that Nashor's Tooth is great on Sivir, but not required, and I rarely get it until way late game.

My usual build:

CORE: Soul Shroud, Stinger, Boots of Speed

SITUATIONAL: (I'll decide what I need after getting the core, should be enough into the game to determine that by then)

Warden's Mail (against physical DPS/chasing teams)
Nashor's Tooth (good all around, if you have the extra gold to afford it)
Phantom Dancer (dodge is useful, but I usually grab for the AS and MS)
Wit's End (yes, it helps against heavy caster line-ups, tested and proven)
Force of Nature (this with Wit's End annoys the hell out of casters)
Banshee's Veil (if you really want to piss the casters off more)
Aegis of the Legion (always a good one to consider if no one else gets it)
Starks Fevor (I would get this as core, but after trying it a lot, it just doesn't add enough survivability)
Frozen Mallet (life and damage, sure, but the slow is kinda useless, as you'll still not be damaging that much...)

There are other good items, but these are my usual first looks.

As far as runes go, I find that stacking dodge in runes is a mistake, because you can't gaurentee that the enemy team will have enough physical damage dealers to make it worth it. I usually go this way:

Red: Mark of Might (adds some of the damage that Sivir lacks)
Yellow: Seal of Replenishment (another reason I don't need chalice, that and I always grab 3 levels of Perserverence)
Blue: glyph of Force (adds enough AP for surprising amounts of early damage to foes with Boomerang Blade. I've gotten so many kills early this way)
Purple: Quintessence of Swiftness (because nothing pisses an enemy off more than you outrunning them with these, your ult, and Ghost if you took it)

I've been working on this build method and rune strategy for a few weeks now, so let me know what you think.