Shaco Guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Apexy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-13-2009

Anyone know a good Shaco guide for Attack speed , Life Steal , Crit , Dmg ?

Dreadstone

12-13-2009

You can check my guide out. go to this link:

http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/gu...h+and+Trickery

Shaco is best with crits than anything else. I suggest a phantom dancer and infinity edge no matter what. also you can play ability, but i find damage much better. but its what you like and how you play.

Airazor

12-13-2009

Ability power is very good, I wouldn't say crit is the best at all. if you're good and get the soul engorgement up you can start destroying a lot faster and cheaper than a crit build.

though both are fun to play, depends on personal style really.

Shakra

12-14-2009

meh, if you go physical dont go attack speed, shaco isn't about sustained fighting, you get focused to much to be able to stand in a fight, thus i just do damage, and crit damage, and sheen / trinity force, the only attack speed you will need is berserkers greaves / or maybe a bloodrazor if you wish to solo the baron.

lifesteal is something you shouldnt need if you play shaco, though it can be usefull for baiting, but thats just putting a bloodthirster somewhere in your build

Dreadstone

12-14-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airazor View Post
Ability power is very good, I wouldn't say crit is the best at all. if you're good and get the soul engorgement up you can start destroying a lot faster and cheaper than a crit build.

though both are fun to play, depends on personal style really.
You do relize that pure power and crits gets him around 1000 damage for decieve if you use it from behind? Say you have 300 damage with my build you should at least have that much. decieve gives you a bonus 130% damage, its a crit and with infinity edge it gives you another 250% damage, then hitting form behind gives you another 25% damage, getting him 1215 damage after he uses decieve and hits from behind. and personally i just like getting kills and if your hitting all crits your doing a butt load of damage faster than you would if you were just building attack.

Biomech

12-14-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakra View Post
meh, if you go physical dont go attack speed, shaco isn't about sustained fighting, you get focused to much to be able to stand in a fight, thus i just do damage, and crit damage, and sheen / trinity force, the only attack speed you will need is berserkers greaves / or maybe a bloodrazor if you wish to solo the baron.

lifesteal is something you shouldnt need if you play shaco, though it can be usefull for baiting, but thats just putting a bloodthirster somewhere in your build

Thats not entirely true, with lifesteal+attackspeed, your can easily be sustained damage, You hit for about 900 each hit, and get about 800 health back, more if ult dual shaco, until they disable you or one shot you, you are almost unkillable.

zerker greaves
Malady
Executioner's calling
Phantom Dancer
Last Whisper
Bloodthirster
endgame swap greaves for infinity edge

Shakra

12-15-2009

i don't know how you play him, but the moment i appear, Every stun gets directed to me, granted that i would try to keep attacking, i cannot outsteal 3 - 5 opponents even with high attack speed, lifesteal can be good, but its for the deceive crit, if you are pestering them, baiting at low health and then stealth deceive and you get another chunk of damage, then it is good, otherwise i would stick to critdmg and damage / damage increase(sheen / triforce or if ap lich)

the problem is, that once they have you and they disabled you, you are dead

Dreadstone

12-15-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakra View Post
i don't know how you play him, but the moment i appear, Every stun gets directed to me, granted that i would try to keep attacking, i cannot outsteal 3 - 5 opponents even with high attack speed, lifesteal can be good, but its for the deceive crit, if you are pestering them, baiting at low health and then stealth deceive and you get another chunk of damage, then it is good, otherwise i would stick to critdmg and damage / damage increase(sheen / triforce or if ap lich)

the problem is, that once they have you and they disabled you, you are dead
really, if thats your problem get cleanse.

AFKray

12-15-2009

frankly all shaco needs early is zerker's boots, sheen, and red/green pots. From there, farm a red rune and go gank to get you some big money. You can either try and cheese Baron with Madreds or be cool and rush IE. Normally I go with the pots till i can secure a BF sword. From there I just will sustain pots and continue to finish m IE.

Pots are invaluable on Shaco for 2 reasons.

1) HP obviously. He's quite fragile and so the bonus HP + damage works wonders.
2) Attack speed + crit is lacking. With a bonus 25% extra damage from behind, attack speed and crits scale quite well. Since your decieve target SHOULD be the one who would run away post-damage. A.k.a. someone who is alone or low on life, you will be maximizing this bonus.

Oh, and one thing I see placed a lot in guides nowadays which is just terrible is that no one gets at least 1 level of JitB at 3/4. I don't get it, but it is invaluable to your solo and team play. It allows you to monitor your runes/dragon as well as get another hit on an opponent before you start to chase. A simple Decieve--> Jack--> Open up. It's just the way to go.

Long winded item builds are not entirely practical as it will vary greatly on who you are playing. Last Whisper is huge against teams who go early aegis + high armor, etc. I am on the fence with lifesteal, as Shaco doesn't normally sit there auto-attacking. He is hypermobile and for the most part picks his shots due to his fragility. Being too tanking makes you less of a target to bait, which is frankly the secret to Shaco play.