Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

An in depth reveal for Shaco, Master of the League

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TP Paladin

11-26-2010

My first attempt at a normal game I went 10/0/7! I'm sure that won't happen every time, but it is motivating. I'm still not very good at baron/dragon control, perhaps this just requires lots of experience?

Wulfy Summon

11-27-2010

Quote:
TP Paladin:
My first attempt at a normal game I went 10/0/7! I'm sure that won't happen every time, but it is motivating. I'm still not very good at baron/dragon control, perhaps this just requires lots of experience?

Yes, dragon and baron control will take a lot of experience to really get down. It also requires a bit of teamwork getting any wards down before you get there (which doesn't always happen in normal.) You have to figure out when to respond to gank the area and move in the defense of your team before taking it, and where to jitb to keep the other team from getting in range to grab it if you're worried about a steal. If you are running with 0 deaths then you understand some of the limits of shaco well!! (you wont always run with 0 deaths, but the fact that you can is a very good sign.) The 4 minute dragon will take a lot of practice to really get down though.

TP Paladin

11-27-2010

I am still having good results, but I tend to mess up lizard when I spawn top. Also, my first attempt at baroning at 15 minutes went horribly awry. I got there and started jitb at 13:37, when baron spawned karthus and lux started attacking, but I died and karthus died. Perhaps you could make a video for baron? Or just give me some more advice? Either or would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Wulfy Summon

11-28-2010

Quote:
TP Paladin:
I am still having good results, but I tend to mess up lizard when I spawn top. Also, my first attempt at baroning at 15 minutes went horribly awry. I got there and started jitb at 13:37, when baron spawned karthus and lux started attacking, but I died and karthus died. Perhaps you could make a video for baron? Or just give me some more advice? Either or would be much appreciated. Thank you.

got a video up in the guide. i get the feeling Jax was tearing through the baron abnormally fast, so it died a few seconds earlier than it sometimes does. Here is a link to it as well
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5e1SuZTSbI

Blurpe

11-29-2010

fantastic guide. i used to play shaco quite a bit back in the day. (wayy before the madreds clone craze) tryed playing him again and sucked in the jungle. but this has inspired me to give it another go. 3 minute dragon as shaco? i would have said impossible, had you not included evidence. great effort

Wulfy Summon

11-29-2010

thanks. i would still suggest taking it at 4 rather than 3 though!! 4 is consistent with a lot of perks while 3 is not. if you follow this guide to learn him you will be far ahead of the curve. for example: the reason most people think shaco becomes useless after breaking his boxes is because most people become useless after they lose that (and even people who think they are great shacos are severely hindered, because they don't know how to respond but to set it all up again or go some horrible jungle route instead. That isn't the case with me.) The vast majority of the game, and even some of the higher up players don't understand that they have just inconvenienced him (50 seconds longer in the jungle), and as such will sacrifice crucial kills early game with the belief that somehow they have dealt a devastating blow to shaco, when they really haven't.

Wulfy Summon

11-30-2010

I decided to add a rather extensive part better explaining why i don't approve of starting with the mana buff. You're welcome to disagree, and i'm welcome to call you an idiot for it. Also i'm still wondering when this will actually get added to the list of guides, considering the fact that some of the guides up there are utter trash... in the meantime, any who have found this have obviously searched for it.

A Retarded Clown

11-30-2010

Actually, I agree wholeheartedly, because quite frankly, a gank at golem means shaco is screwed whether he is killed or not. If the other taem so much as walks in then its gg shaco. Twitch and Eve really pull the cord on shaco doing golem. The only weakness of NOT starting at golem is that the enemy team can walk in and ward it without you knowing, I find that rather annoying and dangerous. Unlike WW, shaco needs to set up jitb right away, so he cant afford to walk all the way there and put a ward down THEN go jungling to his red and golems. Hell be underlevel if he does that. Is it better for him to go straight to opponent golem then? What if they got jungler?

These are things that I think can complicate matters and would like ur input on. Sry if their already in the guide...Its kind of extremely long so I skimmed through the parts I found more important rather than read word for word. Thx for the guide though its really good !

Wulfy Summon

11-30-2010

Quote:
Daethr:
Actually, I agree wholeheartedly, because quite frankly, a gank at golem means shaco is screwed whether he is killed or not. If the other taem so much as walks in then its gg shaco. Twitch and Eve really pull the cord on shaco doing golem. The only weakness of NOT starting at golem is that the enemy team can walk in and ward it without you knowing, I find that rather annoying and dangerous. Unlike WW, shaco needs to set up jitb right away, so he cant afford to walk all the way there and put a ward down THEN go jungling to his red and golems. Hell be underlevel if he does that. Is it better for him to go straight to opponent golem then? What if they got jungler?

These are things that I think can complicate matters and would like ur input on. Sry if their already in the guide...Its kind of extremely long so I skimmed through the parts I found more important rather than read word for word. Thx for the guide though its really good !

Hmm? I suggest not starting at the golem at all, it's less efficient and more dangerous because you risk losing your red buff+some high exp monsters to the enemy jungler. If you are interrupted on either side it isn't difficult to bounce back, though. Shaco kills the golem in ~18 seconds with the lizard buff on, and top can walk there in ~14 seconds. If blue gets stolen shaco is still fine, but he can always place 1-2 jitb over the wall keeping the hero out of sight of any wards before going in sight to kill it.

Sorry if my answer doesn't seem direct, but you're kind of all over the place with your post... are you referring to my beginners part of the guide with the early gank?

Blurpe

12-04-2010

bahahahahahahahha. i can jungle now. thanks haha

my CS doesnt show jungle kills..