Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

An in depth reveal for Shaco, Master of the League

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

4kk1

11-25-2010

This guide gets less credit than it deserves. Awesome stuff, still digesting.
I don't play Shaco, but the guide gives me alot of insight, into the jesters strategies.

Kudos!

Ultimate Noob Na

11-25-2010

This guide is great, one thing I wish you would add is a video of you doing baron at 15, it seems unlikely that you would have madreds and another recurve at 15. Do you usually have a team mate come and help? If so how do you keep the other team from knowing?

Wulfy Summon

11-25-2010

Quote:
TFong:
This guide is great, one thing I wish you would add is a video of you doing baron at 15, it seems unlikely that you would have madreds and another recurve at 15. Do you usually have a team mate come and help? If so how do you keep the other team from knowing?

yeah i can do it, you want at least 2 other players, karthus can solo it alongside you, but you absolutely need 2 players if you don't have karthus there (and it gets a bit close, just hope Baron doesn't crit.) (typically you just have basic madreds, almost never a full one.) Some heroes will not be able to put enough damage, and it never hurts to have 1 extra, so try to learn who is most useful for the additional person there. the carry is practically a must being your highest damage, but its possible without.

i'll get a video up, i 15 minute baron every game i do. Won't be hard.

Quote:
Fricka:
thank you... i<3shaco oh and on your advanced masteries the offense side shows that is has 11 ticked but 12 are o.o

i'll check on that and fix it in a bit, thanks

**3+1+4+3 11 total double check it :P

Quote:
Daethr:
rofl deleted my comment which was asking for a question....it was after ur post...

anyways my question was...

1) how are crit chance runes?

2) What abt malady?

Shaco doesn't have the extra money to throw into a malady most games, it's not quite worth its price to me. It holds aspd but it isn't quite worth the extra gold it takes when compared to other items, so i wouldn't suggest it. Crit chance runes to me aren't a great idea, i don't like playing with luck. the aspd helps your damage directly late game as well as avoiding damage in the early jungle. You take 1-2 hits if you do the golems perfectly compared to 0, and 0-1 hits from the lizard (the room for error is insanely small, even for me.) Armor penetration does more consistent help for ganks without relying on luck, so i'd suggest that instead.

A Retarded Clown

11-25-2010

ah ok...I suggest malady mainly for the Mpen...i roll sorcs madreds and malady then tank and i notice it shred up everyone even tanks quite nicely in team fights.

I focus less on jungling and baron/dragon and more on teamfights/ganks by mid game....but 15 mins in I still do things like buff steals but often do not dragon because it leads to loss of a few kills and loss of a lane at times.

Wulfy Summon

11-26-2010

Quote:
Daethr:
ah ok...I suggest malady mainly for the Mpen...i roll sorcs madreds and malady then tank and i notice it shred up everyone even tanks quite nicely in team fights.

I focus less on jungling and baron/dragon and more on teamfights/ganks by mid game....but 15 mins in I still do things like buff steals but often do not dragon because it leads to loss of a few kills and loss of a lane at times.

for the dragon you want to mark specifically when he dies, and be there (not on the way, but actually there) when he is about to spawn so they don't have a chance to react. try to get an oracle or a vision ward there before you go up for the kill to check for any wards. I tend to run either regular boots if stuns aren't a problem (often pretty strained for gold), or merc treads. I don't run sorc boots anymore because to me 100 extra and less time being stunned+slowed are very worthwhile even if the magic penetration would do a bit more for madreds, but i can see why you would want sorc as well. Malady specifically... i think i may have to take another look at since it was rebuilt. the magic resist penetration would do quite a bit, even for 2k hp characters. it would ignore ~520 magic hp... which is quite nice! I'm not sure if it is worth replacing starks because of the team aspd/lifesteal, but its at the very least worth looking at... so you may be onto something i hadn't realized yet

GoldenPlum

11-26-2010

I skimmed through your guide, it looks very detailed and well thought out props. ^.^

Wulfy Summon

11-26-2010

Quote:
Tarant:
I skimmed through your guide, it looks very detailed and well thought out props. ^.^

Quote:
4kk1:
This guide gets less credit than it deserves. Awesome stuff, still digesting.
I don't play Shaco, but the guide gives me alot of insight, into the jesters strategies.

Kudos!

thank you It really got to me that so few people actually understood how to play the hero, even among people who main him...

TP Paladin

11-26-2010

I've never played Shaco, but this guide really makes me want to pick him up. I am a rather novice jungler, so I'd have to play A LOT of solo practice games to get this down. Of course, first I have to save up ip for runes and the champion x.x

Teach me the ways?

Seelyon

11-26-2010

Haven't read it all yet, looks very well written, ive been looking to get back into shaco.

Wulfy Summon

11-26-2010

Quote:
TP Paladin:
I've never played Shaco, but this guide really makes me want to pick him up. I am a rather novice jungler, so I'd have to play A LOT of solo practice games to get this down. Of course, first I have to save up ip for runes and the champion x.x

Teach me the ways?

Unlike osme heroes, you actually don't have to have any runes at all to jungle as shaco, it just makes it much more efficient and makes it a little bit easier on you (place and extra jitb for the golem buff before starting it if you're worried about it.) The advanced route is different, you want all the runes before you can efficiently do it, but you'll have enough to get all of the runes for it once you buy the champion before you want to start running the advanced route, so i wouldn't worry about that.

Quote:
Seelyon:
Haven't read it all yet, looks very well written, ive been looking to get back into shaco.

thanks, this would be the guide to use to learn him. I incorporated stuff to make it easier to learn his boundaries, as well as make jungling more efficient once you are used to him.