Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Map Specific Balancing - Twisted Treeline & Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Amuq the Native

06-21-2013

Hey Nome,

Are there any plans to introduce that kind of tuning to the Howling Abyss too ? I know people are working to solve the HA imbalance problems with items, but as you know, it doesn't always work out. For instance, Master Yi is stupidly anti-fun on Howling Abyss and no itemization is going to change that. Maybe Master Yi's remake is going to fix that, but other issues are bound to appear.

So, include HA in the map-specific treatment, please ?

Divinemind

Recruiter

06-21-2013

So if I win its because kassadin is OP but if I lose its because I'm bad.
I'm so glad that warrants a nerf!

Arctic Bro

06-21-2013

anyone but Teemo :X

urmamasllama

06-21-2013

Quote:
Divinemind:
So if I win its because kassadin is OP but if I lose its because I'm bad.
I'm so glad that warrants a nerf!

it quite does. kassadin in upper elos of dom is permaban to the point that even given the chance to pick him most players won't because picking him is considered an insult to both teams

DreamsOfGrandeur

06-21-2013

Please make sure that Map-differences on Champions are displayed somewhere in the client, so new players and new-owners will know immediately upon entering the game

MMKH

06-21-2013

Quote:
Divinemind:
What a **** idea. Kassadin gets killed by xin zao 10000 times a day on Dom already.

I think that's the point. Kass is supposed to lose to fighters like Xin.

Anyways, this seems like a good fix for now, although I also have concerns when more of the typical OP champs get nerfed map-specifically. It would take some memorization and mental adjustment just to play them on different maps. I think the best case would be if champs could be the same across all maps or balanced such that they can be nerfed for Crystal Scar for example, and not have much impact on their SR or TT performance (compensate them in other ways if needed).

HaIfhearted

06-21-2013

You Manwolfaxeboss, if you're planning to do stuff on the PBE, can you hit up the DominateDominion chatroom over there?

Would make it easier to know about this stuff.

Nerdock

06-21-2013

Quote:
KessIerCOIL:
Please make adjustments to Darius
He's stupid on this map, he's strong on SR but my god is stupid OP on TT -_-

He's really not that bad imo. Since Dominion focuses on control, that mandates more CC in a top lane comp, therefore automatically handling that situation. Darius is honestly the least of our problems. Notice how he's pretty much never banned in DominateDominion?

That's also just my observation, you're totally correct in hating him still. Release Darius made me want to firebomb Riot HQ, to be fair.

lnrael

06-21-2013

Quote:
Nerdock:
He's really not that bad imo. Since Dominion focuses on control, that mandates more CC in a top lane comp, therefore automatically handling that situation. Darius is honestly the least of our problems. Notice how he's pretty much never banned in DominateDominion?

That's also just my observation, you're totally correct in hating him still. Release Darius made me want to firebomb Riot HQ, to be fair.

you're quoting a guy talking about TT btw
just making sure you know

George W Nome

Game Designer

06-21-2013

Quote:
Sersch:
If you incrase Kassa R cooldown to 9/8/7 on Dominion PLEASE increase the stacking time from 8 to 10.
Not being able to stack Kassa R at levels 1+2 without CDR is pretty weird.

On the changed itself:
I do not like the range being changed, this punishes people who mastered the champ.
If a players exaclty know at which range they can r-->q as Kass and suddenly cannot do that anymore it feels really punishing for them.Imo nerfing mana cost/damage would be better, adjusting to those is easier than adjusting to new range.

That's certainly a very valid concern, and I agree with you for the most part. When we make these changes, we're putting them through a lot of considerations as to how they'll affect the champion's play pattern and experience.

With Kassadin, we know that hitting Riftwalk's range and cooldown dramatically change his play pattern. However, his play balance on the Crystal Scar is at a point where it hinges specifically on his mobility; this becomes more apparent the higher skill the players are, to the point where he's autobanned at the competitive level. The reason we didn't touch his stack durations is a bit of a concession; while it does take away a piece of functionality, increasing stack duration to 9 or 10 elevates the changes to a very different level than what we're prepared to address for this first iteration.

Do keep in mind that Kassadin is a very poor indicator of the level of changes overall; however, because his Riftwalk numbers are so integral to his power level on the map, we decided to hit him first. We don't anticipate we'll be modifying other champions nearly as much.