Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Map Specific Balancing - Twisted Treeline & Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

George W Nome

Game Designer

06-21-2013

Hey Summoners,

With Patch 3.9, we’ll be setting a new precedent by approaching champion balance separately on different maps and modes. This will be an ongoing process to address the most egregious balance outliers on each map in an attempt to improve overall player experience. With each change, we’ll aim for problematic attributes specific to the map or mode. This generally means that we’ll try to preserve what’s unique about each character, though at times concessions will need to be made. We’ve decided to introduce this concept by hitting Kassadin on Crystal Scar and Singed on Twisted Treeline - if these changes are successful, we’ll follow suit with additional tweaks in the following patches. You can read our two changes below. ManWolfAxeBoss and I will be around to answer some additional questions throughout the day.

Twisted Treeline

Singed

• Armor per level decreased to 2 from 3.5
  • Insanity Potion cooldown increased to 120 seconds from 100

Crystal Scar

Kassadin
  • Riftwalk cooldown increased to 9/8/7 seconds from 7/6/5
  • Riftwalk range decreased to 600 from 700

Mirror

06-21-2013

Yussssss.

ChocoKelly

06-21-2013

Please also make a cap for Teemo's mushrooms (Like Caitlyn traps) or increase cooldown or reduce stacks to 2 for Twisted treeline.

Calderweiss

06-21-2013

Yessss

George W Nome

Game Designer

06-21-2013

Quote:
ChocoKelly:
Please also make a cap for Teemo's mushrooms (Like Caitlyn traps) or increase cooldown or reduce stacks to 2. for Twisted treeline.

We'll probably hit his mushrooms for 3.10.

KesslerCOIL

06-21-2013

Please make adjustments to Darius
He's stupid on this map, he's strong on SR but my god is stupid OP on TT -_-

Nyx87

06-21-2013

So, I hate kass, but are you aware that Level 1 Riftwalk will no longer be able to be stacked unless you have CDR?

Henry Plainview

06-21-2013

What, that's the best you can do for Singed? I was hoping you were going to reduce the base damage of Poison Trail and Fling to zero or something. I don't think anyone is even going to notice those changes.

IoIfaiI

06-21-2013

This is a really cool idea. Well done riot! The wiki will get a little more complicated though now.

Tortferngatr

06-21-2013

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs