PSA: Do Not Pin League of Legends to the Dock

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thaumaniac

08-24-2014

I am currently having an issue were i can't reinstall league. it will usually get to 99% then will have an error pop up. i've uninstalled and reinstalled over and over but it just wont finish downloading. it takes hours to do all of this, so if any one could help, that would be amazing.

Koorimaru

09-14-2014

My only problems are It boots me 5 seconds after I get in and buy my first item. That and when I try to reconnect, often it immediately boots me for inactivity once I get back. Connecting 3 times is REALLY hurting my friends. :C

red Exorcist

red Exorcist

KingZRZ

ApexxepA

09-16-2014

Loading for patch 4.16 freezes and I cant play the game :/ please help. And yes im on windows

ApexxepA

09-16-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaumaniac View Post
I am currently having an issue were i can't reinstall league. it will usually get to 99% then will have an error pop up. i've uninstalled and reinstalled over and over but it just wont finish downloading. it takes hours to do all of this, so if any one could help, that would be amazing.
Same exact thing happened to me. I don't know what to do. I wonder if riot is fixing this

MeltingHeat

09-29-2014

Wtf do i do to fix it please

Nikey317

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-29-2014

buttserino

InfernosDio

09-30-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brentmeister View Post
Public Service Announcement:
Do NOT pin League of Legends to your dock. The game will fail to launch after any patch to the launcher.

Repeat After Me:
I will not pin LoL on the Dock
I will not pin it on my sock
I will not pin the old LoL Launcher
Of this I could not be any stauncher
I will not pin the LoL Client
Heaven forbid I pin the game-game
that would just be lame-lame
If I wish to be compliant
For if I do my LoL will break
Because my shortcut will be a fake

This bug also happens on Windows but we find that very few players run into it there. However, I've noticed Mac users tend to pin things to their dock more often. If you run into problems launching the game after patching make sure you are not running from the app pinned in the dock.

Unfortunately, fixing this bug requires deceptively large amount of work. However, it is on our backlog. I apologize for any inconvenience .

Cheers!

NOTE:
There is only one proper way to pin League of Legends to the dock. To do this open your applications folder. Drag the "League of Legends.app" bundle you see there onto your dock. Hovering over it after your done should read "League of Legends". An unfortunate side effect of this is that you will have two "L" icons(up to 5 if you have 10.6.8) in your dock when the game is running.
Wait what....
Oh wait, it's 2014!
Sorry, but last time I checked LoL works on dock.