Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

PSA: Do Not Pin League of Legends to the Dock

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vallez

01-22-2014

Sounds like you guys have a good idea of what's involved with this. I do have it pinned (bad I know) and it does fail, but only when I have Chrome open. If I quit Chrome, it launches with no issues. Weird.

FerralBear

01-23-2014

Quote:
Brentmeister:
Public Service Announcement:
Do NOT pin League of Legends to your dock. The game will fail to launch after any patch to the launcher.

Repeat After Me:
I will not pin LoL on the Dock
I will not pin it on my sock
I will not pin the old LoL Launcher
Of this I could not be any stauncher
I will not pin the LoL Client
Heaven forbid I pin the game-game
that would just be lame-lame
If I wish to be compliant
For if I do my LoL will break
Because my shortcut will be a fake

This bug also happens on Windows but we find that very few players run into it there. However, I've noticed Mac users tend to pin things to their dock more often. If you run into problems launching the game after patching make sure you are not running from the app pinned in the dock.

Unfortunately, fixing this bug requires deceptively large amount of work. However, it is on our backlog. I apologize for any inconvenience .

Cheers!

NOTE:
There is only one proper way to pin League of Legends to the dock. To do this open your applications folder. Drag the "League of Legends.app" bundle you see there onto your dock. Hovering over it after your done should read "League of Legends". An unfortunate side effect of this is that you will have two "L" icons(up to 5 if you have 10.6.8) in your dock when the game is running.

I unpinned the LoL from my dock and re-downloaded it and it still isn't working. The launcher starts and it says it is updating jumps to 33% and when i hit play it says it cannot connect to maestro, what am i doing wrong?

EDIT: SO.. interesting note. I am using a different wifi source and it launches just fine. Weird?

Typhlosion37

01-28-2014

So I can enter champion select fine, but when the game gets to loading screen, it just flashes once and then quits itself without even beginning to load me into the game. I've tried reconnecting multiple times but it still does not work. Does the Mac have an issue with the full screen?

cXo Ironman dXy

01-31-2014

This instantly fixed my long standing issueÂ…thank you SO MUCH. Much <3

MikeCavern

02-01-2014

I've had LoL in my dock since I got it on my mac. I have yet to see a problem... Strange.

demon1083

02-03-2014

My prayers have been answered! Yes!!! <3

asdfchamp7

02-11-2014

RIOT! WE NEED YOU PLEASE HELP!
http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3528931

Uguuubear

03-07-2014

The problem is when i play lol i suddenly crash like 8times/game
And not bug splat icon

Not yo tacos

03-10-2014

I don't have an issue with it and it has always been pinned to my doc it could also be your operating system(e.x Mountian lion, snow leopard ect)

Not yo tacos

03-10-2014

I think I'm the only one who doesn't have a problem on their mac? YAY FOR COMPUTER KNOWLEDGE also if you guys have a few extra bucks there is an app you can get to control your pings :3