Kennen has severe laning problems

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yenn

06-19-2013

Just played a game where I was literally 100 to 0'd under my tower by enemy Zed + his jungle, every single time his ult came up.
This is something most of you don't understand: almost every single top champion can all in and kill Kennen from 100% under his tower, through his ult. If they can't do it alone, they can do it with their jungle's assistance. He has zero survivability and most slows in the game bring his speed during Lightning Rush below his normal movement speed.

Every time I pick Kennen, I'm betting on the fact the enemy top lane does not know how ridiculously easy it is to all in Kennen. You will win every single time if you do this.
Most top lanes don't try, and instead let him harass them, which is why Kennen is so effective. I can beat enemy Kennen players in lane every single time, because he's so ridiculously easy to counter and there's nothing the player can do about it, short of having his jungle camp his lane.

Can we please normalize Kennen so this doesn't happen? His early game is great, his middle game is one of the worst in the game, and his late game is either broken if he's fed or terrible if he's not fed.
This doesn't make sense and should be fixed. Kennen is always at one extreme or the other, never in between.

Henry Plainview

06-19-2013

hi yenn

Urf Mode

06-19-2013

So you're telling me Zed an assassin killed you with his ult that's specifically meant for assassination?

Also not entirely sure if this thread is serious or not, have problems? Np run away.

LEE SIN FREE WlN

06-19-2013

yah except every bruiser that tries to all in him will just get slapped with a stun and get agroed minion damage

Yenn

06-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urf Mode View Post
So you're telling me Zed an assassin killed you with his ult that's specifically meant for assassination?

Also not entirely sure if this thread is serious or not, have problems? Np run away.
The problem is that almost every top lane champion, not just Zed, can destroy Kennen by going all in. Even Singed can kill Kennen pretty easily around level 8.

And no, you cannot run from Zed when he ults you. The slow prevents you from getting out of his shadow's range.

Chips and Tea

06-19-2013

And that's why kennen is such a high priority pick in competitive play who often has on stream shots of him 100-0'ing his opponents with his own ultimate and dealing heavy aoe damage?

Yeah.

Yenn

06-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEE SIN FREE WlN View Post
yah except every bruiser that tries to all in him will just get slapped with a stun and get agroed minion damage
Slow him as he tries to get distance. The stun is only 1 second with Mercury Treads. If he stuns you twice within 10 seconds, the next stun is 0.5 seconds. You can let him stun you, then go all in.

Yenn

06-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by mMe TripleNine View Post
And that's why kennen is such a high priority pick in competitive play who often has on stream shots of him 100-0'ing his opponents with his own ultimate and dealing heavy aoe damage?

Yeah.
Because in team scenarios, his jungle can babysit him. If he isn't babysat, he's useless.

Look at his win rate from the recent LCS please.

FraggingBard

06-19-2013

You could take Annie top and argue the same thing. Take him Mid as AP or Bot as AD and have fun, knowing that he's going to get wasted by tanky dps if he tries to solo them.

Yenn

06-19-2013

To clarify, the reason Kennen is being picked in LCS is because he's an investment.
If he wins his lane or gets free farm (which he usually cannot do against a good player without a babysitter), he is too strong in the late game.
If he doesn't win his lane, is forced to group early, or gets shut down, he is completely useless. He does no damage and gets blown up or CC'd before he can even get in range of carries with his ult.

It's always one extreme or the other. If you're in a team environment and can invest the resources to get Kennen fed, he's good. Outside of this, when good players are involved, he is too risky.