{Guide} Tarzan, In the Mighty Jungle

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Booterang

11-23-2010

I like the wit in your guide, but I would offer some suggestions.

The 21/0/9 mastery seems good, but to my mind warwick shines best with a 14/0/16 hybrid build. Hes doesn't need to do more damage, but the extra 3% movespeed means that you can overtake your targets in situations where you would not have before. Warwick doesn't need more dps, he needs mobility.

For the skill build, I usually go in this order: Q, W, Q, E, Q, R, Q, E, Q then priority on W. Two levels of bloodscent is required to outrun an opponent with speed 3 boots. While I think W does better dps overall than Q, Hungering strike is a much more burst oriented spell, as in most chase situations you will be lucky to get more then 3 or four normal hits in, whereas you will get at least two casts of Q (one after you stun, and one when they are almost to the tower.) Hungering strike also acts as a burst heal, which is better for survivability.

I would suggestion getting the madreds bloodrazor first, rather then the spirit visage or boots. Start with a longsword (or cloth armor/wards) and build it into a madreds razor and a grab a pair of boots.

From that point on you want to consistently farm in the jungle, pick up lane slack, drop wards and gank champions. Assuming you get a decent haul, you can have a madreds bloodrazor as early as 14 minutes (which is epic rape) and as late as 18 minutes. This extra time with a bloodrazor is invaluable since it means you will be able to burst down most champions as they will not have any defensive gear (or any real gear for that matter, junglewick is awesome farming) yet.

While you will need to farm 2800 gold, your early game will not suffer that much as it will still be the lane phase, which means the extent of your ganking will mostly be dropping an infinite duress and hungering strike while your allies finish off your target.

I would also suggestion building Mercury treads and a banshee's veil rather then a spirit visage first. Yes the heal is epic, but Warwicks biggest nemesis is CC because he relies on attacking for survivability. He is also a melee character that has a hated reputation, so you better believe that your opponents will cast a ton of spells on your character.

From there, consider a Thormail if your facing some nasty carries, or start building a starks fervor if you have carry dps allies. The attackspeed aura + howl will make you a great utility asset to the team once you have to hand carry status over (which will be about 35 minutes in.)

Thas Ninja

12-01-2010

Shameless self bump, due to guide updates and the recent patch.

red0231

01-07-2011

So I'm playing Warwick now and after a few epic fail costume games (gotta learn how to jungle somehow amirite?) I started to get the hang of it. So now I'm jungling with Warwick, being all awesome and stuff like all Warwick's should, but I feel INCOMPLETE. So I, for once in the history of my gameplay, go on the LoL forums for guides on Warwick. And OH DEAR GAWD thank you for the Spirit Visage tip, I can't die now :P evar, you're awesome, the best, thanks!

Superdadd

01-07-2011

I could see getting spirit visage if you are the tankiest character on your team, but I hope that isn't the case. I much prefer to get wits end as my second item, since the mana burn is effectively truedamage. It makes your R even stronger, and ensures that they are sub 50% after using it, meaning they can't get away anymore - especially if you have red buff.

I think going to madreds then turning yourself into a tank, which is a role you aren't suited for, is a mistake. Plus, how many heals are you realistically getting off in a teamfight. It's much much better to instantly suppress (and likely with help, instantly kill) their carry than it is to become slightly more tanky.

I can see spirit visage if your game still hasn't reverted into teamfights, but if it has, I can't get behind it. At all.

I would suggest this:

Longsword + Pot (faster jungling route)
Madreds
Boots (likely mercs, but sometimes sorcs if they build MR to counter bloodrazors)
Bloodrazors
Wits end (unless they have 2 or more non-mana users)
Black Cleaver
Starks (if nobody has built it yet - this item is too good to not have on your team)
Hexteck Gunblade (likely game is already over though)

Malady can also be okay if they stack MR... just hit with it 2-3 times before you ultimate.

Just remember, in teamfights, you shouldn't be initiating and dying instantly. You should be focussing on supressing their carry, then getting out alive and picking off out of position heroes while you heal back up with Q, and chase down injured enemies with E.

Also, always W then R. You want your entire team buffed while you are supressing their carry.

Rehevkor

02-15-2011

This was a very entertaining guide to read (get them wimmins!) and makes me want to play Warwick, whom I got in the digital collector's pack but haven't tried yet. Thanks!

LCS Dyrus

02-15-2011

When I play Warwick, I have yet to be outperformed by any other warwick who has smite. I never take smite. The only warwick who has ever outperformed me in warwick v warwick combat didn't take smite. Smite is cute, but it's almost worthless late game because by then, you can kill any small minion in 3 or so hits. Something like ghost, flash, and ignite can keep you from becoming feedwick. Time spent alive is time potentially spent farming. Champion kills are also worth plenty more than minions. Smite is a great spell for jungling (it really speeds things up), but after you get your razor... you honestly don't need it. Just food for thought.

ChanceDriven

02-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gouretoratto View Post
When I play Warwick, I have yet to be outperformed by any other warwick who has smite. I never take smite. The only warwick who has ever outperformed me in warwick v warwick combat didn't take smite. Smite is cute, but it's almost worthless late game because by then, you can kill any small minion in 3 or so hits. Something like ghost, flash, and ignite can keep you from becoming feedwick. Time spent alive is time potentially spent farming. Champion kills are also worth plenty more than minions. Smite is a great spell for jungling (it really speeds things up), but after you get your razor... you honestly don't need it. Just food for thought.
Smite lets you out jungle a ww who doesn't have it. And as ww that means you can out jungle any other champ, period. Also, you don't smite? That means dragon is mine whenever I want it. I will ward it, let you do the sweat, smite for the kill and then kill you with full mana and hp. Thanks, for dragon, a kill, and whatever buffs you're running.

SoFFacet

02-15-2011

Smite is required. Treads and Sorc are both better than Greaves. Aspd yellows and blues are unnecessary, take armor and mr/level instead. Nothing but tank items after MBR is also required.

SmokeBreak555

02-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEnzyme View Post
Getting W first is best as its faster overall than Q. Other than that, good guide.
umm you have got to be on crack if u believe that getting w is better first...that is just not right

SoFFacet

02-15-2011

W is a better start for small golems, which is a better start position for fast 6. Q is a better start for blue, which is better for a level 4 gank after you clear the jungle.