How to increase frames per second?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Haywood Jablowme

11-22-2010

So I'm running about 20 fsp at the moment and I don't know how to get it better. All of my video options are set to "very low" and shadows are off. I have cable internet through a direct connection. Why is my fsp so low and how can I increase it?

NostalgicSimbiote

11-22-2010

Buy a better computer.
20 FPS on Very Low means you have a reeeeeeally old computer.

Politburo

11-22-2010

nothing to do but UPGRADE!!!

Knights Realm

11-22-2010

better computer is the only way champ.

TTN Kaiiku

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-22-2010

Try updating your Adobe Air.
Also, in the Video options, click "Wait for vertical sync" if it isn't already, check it.
You may also try closing applications, update graphic cards/video driver, etc.
This, by the way, should be posted in the technical support section..

Geekweezul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-22-2010

Speaking of FPS...can you get higher than 60 in this game?

JumpingFreak

11-22-2010

You can try using Game Booster, shutting down unnecessary processes and programs (at your own risk)
But that might raise your FPS by 5-10 if you're lucky.

Get a new PC if you really want higher FPS.
But in my opinion, you don't need high FPS for League of Legends, as long as it's stable.
I'm running at 35 FPS and it's fine for me (Medium settings with shadows)

Riffraffselbow

11-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haywood Jablowme View Post
I have cable internet through a direct connection.
This has nothing to do with FPS.

As a side note, because you seem like the type of person who might be confused by this, here's an unrelated tip:

People often describe the quality of an internet connection as "Speed". This is a poor analogy, as it implies that a better connection could mean less lag. The fact of the matter is that the signal always travels at the speed of light. The only thing that slows it down is routing equipment (both yours and your ISPs), but the delay caused by that is the same with a 1mbit connection or a 50mbit connection. Let's go back to that famously inaccurate analogy, created by the late senator Ted Stevens. The internet is a series of tubes. A "faster" connection (50mbit instead of 1mbit) has a physically bigger tube. You can fit more through at once. However, this does not alter the speed at which a given packet (the smallest unit of measure in routing world; A packet contains a small amount of information. When files are transferred over the internet, they are generally sent as dozens, hundreds, or thousands of packets, each one linked to the next.) can reach it's destination. This is why, assuming you have a decent internet connection, upgrading to a great internet connection will probably not significantly improve your latency (or "ping") in a given game. Upgrading from 56k will of course help, as some games needs to send more data per second than a 56k line will allow. But upgrading from one cable connection to a broader one will only result in faster download times, without helping your ping.

Lady Gagaaaa

11-22-2010

stop lolclient.exe process

Haywood Jablowme

11-22-2010

The computer I'm using is less than a year old... Intel Duo Core Processor, Windows 7, NVIDIA graphics card, lots of free memory.

I just updated the driver to the graphics card. Maybe that'll help?