[Guide] Singed, The Indomitable

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Amaroq Wolf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-14-2011

Usually I rush Archangel's Staff first for singed, tending to get boots of swiftness along the way. Getting the tear is important because that 1000 mp gives you 250 more health, and then getting it up to archangel's gives your poison that much more of an oomph. I'm pretty good at staying alive as singed early game, so not getting immediate tankiness besides the 250 health isn't too big of a problem for me. I reap the rewards for going Archangel's in the form of my other tanky items that give MP (Rod of Ages, Frozen Heart, for example) simultaneously making singed more health tanky thanks to his passive and his poison and fling hurt more. After Archangel's, Boots of swiftness, and Rod of Ages, I build depending on what I think the game needs. If I need a lot of survivability against physical, Frozen Heart. A bunch of armor, a bunch of mp, some health thanks to passive, and some ability power thanks to archangel's. If they have casters, Abyssal instead. To help resist the magic and help singed hurt people a lot more. If you've got a ton of health and you're already pretty hard to kill at this point, FoN is very nice, even without the magic resist.

Frosty716

01-14-2011

so happy to see so many people are playing singed again! however, i personally go 9/6/15. make sure u dont play too agressive before 6 though

Atticus Alistair

01-14-2011

@wolf

Yeah, sorry I didn't go more indepth. I got tired of typing. lol.

With Cleanse and Ghost I never need merc treads. If you get stunned more than once, that's fine. You got the survivability to bait them and let your team clean up. -- I think this is where I disgree with your build the most.
Because now with the boots 3 I don't need the movement in my masteries. (Although sometimes I will for kicks) Magic Pen is in my masteries. You get that magic pen, poisen will rack up the kills.

But usually with RoA, Banshee's, and Abyssal, that's all the survivability Singed ever needs. (just my opinion) Sometimes I rarely have to get Thornmail. (Its cheap and deals dmg back, that's why I choose it)

The rest is AP!! Give it a shot, I meant to try out your build last night, just didn't get the chance to play. Going to try it out this weekend. Nothing better than fling hitting for 600+ dmg though.

Good discussion though, Singed is the best.

Atticus Alistair

01-14-2011

Also, this is all dependent on the role he has to fill. If you have to go full tanks, then that's the way it is. But he's at his best half tank. Half Tank Singed wins games. All of them if you don't have feeders. (And aren't facing another Singed, then its up to who is best)

Herkucheeze

01-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaroq Wolf View Post
Usually I rush Archangel's Staff first for singed
I would suggest skipping Tear or Archangel's, if only because they are really hard for Singed to fill up. Poison toggles don't proc the mana add effect, which means that you have to rely on fling, goo, and Insanity Potion usage. Frankly, those are all fairly high cooldown skills and none are very spammy.

Aside from that though, it seems like you've got the right idea.

Vangu

01-31-2011

I am attempting Signed again for the first time since beta and following your guide..hope all goes well.

dirtpoor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfman27 View Post
I would suggest skipping Tear or Archangel's, if only because they are really hard for Singed to fill up. Poison toggles don't proc the mana add effect, which means that you have to rely on fling, goo, and Insanity Potion usage. Frankly, those are all fairly high cooldown skills and none are very spammy.

Aside from that though, it seems like you've got the right idea.
If you have an archangel then just spam wax down EVERY time cd is up.

Herkucheeze

02-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtpoor View Post
If you have an archangel then just spam wax down EVERY time cd is up.
Lets's assume that you get the Tear for your AA at the 12 minute mark, and that Mega Adhesive has a 10 second cooldown (I think that's close, although it might be a bit higher).

So if the average game goes around thirty two minutes, that's twenty minutes of proccing your mana buff every ten seconds. That 120 guaranteed procs translates to 480 bonus mana, at the END of the game.

I'll concede that there will be procs from fling and Insanity Potion, but neither of those are spammable. Singed's passive is good, but not something to build around, especially not with an AA.