Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Wierd Amumu Build I tried

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Senate

Recruiter

12-13-2009

You're both wrong. Chalice is more effective the more MANA REGEN you have. Chalice has NOTHING to do with max mana, only that your MISSING it.

Tekman

12-13-2009

Quote:
Adalonus:
He's right. I thought about this earlier too. It is chalice is more beneficial the more mana you have.

If one has 100 mana and the other has 1000 mana and you both start off with 0 so 100% mana regen off chalice

by the time you get to 50, the 100 is only at 50% where the 1000 is 95%. This allows for more spells faster on the larger pool because he constantly is at a high rate when low on mana where lower mana pools offer more of a variable regen.

I understand, however I'm not trying to make a build which makes the chalice regen the most mana, im tryin to have it generate enough mana for Amumu.

I guess this is a different debate.

My build as ive been working on is:

Meki( 2 health pots) to philo
boots 1
chalice
now go straight for cape or warmogs
40% boots
get warmogs/cape
sell philo stone and get wierd clownface
pick up guardian angel or some other endgame equip.

You are operating with enough mana to get by (may have to roll no despair for a bit), good HP good MR/Armor, and then whatever you want for the last spot.

When u get warmogs/cape, you can beast through giant groups of minions in seconds, getting almost all the killing blows so you start getting $$$$$$$.

I don't know why I feel so tough, but I feel strong as hell once I my first warmogs/cape. Mana problems are meh. If you go OOM, you are getting x2 magic regen off the chalice and clown face. That will let you run despair essentially forever. You might not have the mana to toss ur bandages willy nilly but its usually not a big deal. Ur abilities have a decent cooldown, turn off despair a few seconds to get ready if you need to blow ur spells.

The ult is what 100-150 mana? Not a problem there.

The thing is that this build doesnt give like any AP i dont think. Well ur main attack is going to be despair, and ur main job is clearning minions. Once you get in a team fight you engage with bandage/ulti and ur survivorbilty is pretty **** good.

I guess it all centers around that I dont really like the RoA anymore. Yeah it goes u a lot of HP and mana, but it has to charge, and the cata got nerfed.... It was working well until I had 2 bad teams, and 1 we even almost won. so i think im like 5-2 in pub games with this...

Tekman

12-13-2009

Quote:
The Senate:
You're both wrong. Chalice is more effective the more MANA REGEN you have. Chalice has NOTHING to do with max mana, only that your MISSING it.

Yeah definitely, your regen goes up 1% for each 1% missing. The fact that I stay away from +mana helps me stay low, and the fact that im running philo/chalice or chalice/clownface keep me goin

Tekman

12-13-2009

so this is what were talkin about (no runes/masteries)... I filled in the last slot with guardian angel but it could be something else. Also, you can update clown face to Nashor's Tooth if you have the extra money.

http://www.leaguecraft.com/builder/Amumu/ab8dfdd5aeabdf748955b41869cd81ce

AmyOverlord

12-13-2009

Quote:
The Senate:

Right.

You gain 10 MP/5 sec regen for every 1% mana you are missing.

With 500 MP at 0 MP, you gain 5 MP per 5 sec.

With 1,000 MP at 0 MP, you gain 10 per 5.

This stacks with each percent. o.o

YattaRX8

Recruiter

12-13-2009

With 500 to 0 mana, you're missing 100% mana, so you gain 100% boost to mana regen
With 1000 to 0 mana, you're still missing 100% mana, so you gain 100% boost to mana regen. Your mana pool makes no difference when it's with a percentage.

But onto Amumu builds. I made a build that totally wrecked a 4 physical damage team. Ended with 76% physical damage reduction.

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w208/Yatta7/Amumuantiphysical.jpg

The other team actually focus fired me in one of the fights. Despair + fire cloakx2 + thorn mail + my team destroying them = them dead. Warden Mail's slow + ult + 76% damage reduction = me alive.

SomeoneRandom

12-14-2009

Chalice is not a weird item on amumu... in fact most people I believe actually get it for most of the game... the part of your build that is weird is that fact that you get haunting guise and warmogs... most builds go for 2 sunfire capes over a warmogs since the life difference is not really worth the loss in damage / armor and not going a banshees veil just seems dumb for a tank... Also I noticed you only have 7 neutral kills... you really should jungle more, the CD on his ult is very long so keeping up a golem helps a lot with that and allows more team fights to go your way...

As for stacking more mana after a chalice... you cant just go chalice and say you have enough regen...if you do anything in your lane other than despair you will go oom easily from 140+ mana bandage tosses, chalice gets better the more regen you have so either mana items or more regen items are needed.

GNOY

12-14-2009

Quote:
Indecent:
I'm level 30 and amumu is a terrible champion.

Welcome to noobie island

Dandy RM

12-14-2009

tried the same build out and went 6/2/15. nice find

Tekman

12-14-2009

cool man!